+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    So, I finally bought Sleeps with Butterflies the other day. I have to say, I love it. Love. I bought it expecting the worst (ie, To Venus and Back) and I was really surprised at how good it is.

I agree with Snowy saying it's very mellow - but I don't agree that it's the album's flaw. I also don't agree that it has a contemporary vibe - this one seems much more back to her roots. The Bose is very prominent on it, and my biggest problem with Scarlet's was how keyboardy it was. This has a sweet piano mood happening, but it still has a bit of a Tori bite to it.

In conclusion, it is very good.
    i'm glad to hear that you like it. i've really fallen in love with it, to. it's quickly becoming one of my most favorite tori cd's ever.

have i mentioned how incredibly excited i am for the 14th to get here!? lol

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    have i mentioned how incredibly excited i am for the 14th to get here!? lol
    No, you haven't. Hmm, what could the significance of this date possibly be? *SFG scratches head, looks off into distance to think*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Ducky, I didn't mean to imply The Beekeeper's mellowness was a flaw, necessarily; it's just harder for me personally to immediately get into, and as I predicted, in the past month or so since I've had it, enough time has passed for it to seep into my system, and it's finally grown on me.
    That's fair enough, I suppose. Like I sort of implied in my first post, I STILL can't get into TVAB. It's so obvious she recorded it drunk off her ass and out of spite, and it's her weakest effort ever, IMO.

I like YKTR too. Cool on your Island is one of my favourite songs.

Also, maybe it was *because* I was stoned when I decided this, but Martha's Foolish Ginger is SO marijuana. Especially if you say it like Mr Mackey from South Park. "I couldn’t speak, my hands reached for Martha’s Foolish Ginger, We talked until the moon came up".

She is SO talking about pot.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    That's fair enough, I suppose. Like I sort of implied in my first post, I STILL can't get into TVAB. It's so obvious she recorded it drunk off her ass and out of spite, and it's her weakest effort ever, IMO.

I like YKTR too. Cool on your Island is one of my favourite songs.
    Really? I'd say that SLG is her weakest. *shrug* Of course,I really shouldn't comment because I like To Venus and Back. Except for that weird song where she talks about things in her garden.

Maybe she was drunk.

After SW,I was really nervous about The Beekeeper going too mainstream,but I have been pleasantly surprised!

I think this may eventually be one of my faves from Tori.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Glad you're liking the new album, Corky. I really have grown to love it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    Really? I'd say that SLG is her weakest. *shrug* Of course,I really shouldn't comment because I like To Venus and Back. Except for that weird song where she talks about things in her garden.
    Hey, I like SLG, I actually prefer it to TVAB! Well, I guess "to each his own" Tori.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

well...we're leaving tomorrow to go stay with my sister for the night, and then to the detroit show on thursday!

*i have mentioned how excited i am, right?!*

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Glad you're liking the new album, Corky. I really have grown to love it myself.

Hey, I like SLG, I actually prefer it to TVAB! Well, I guess "to each his own" Tori.
    i like slg, too. i think it's one of her most haunting cd's - very well done. but, i love everything tori does, so i'm a bit biased...lol

detroit show was AMAZING!!!

we get to the detroit opera house around 1:30 or so and found a really close parking place. we walked around to the front and saw a few people standing around waiting for tori. some people asked us if we wanted to get our hands numbered for the meet & greet (which, is a good idea in theory, but never really works). so, i got #27 and damien got #28... we stood around and talked to some really cool people and actually had a lot of fun just standing around waiting. after a couple of hours, security came out and set up the barricades around the stage door, and the numbering system was shot to hell as everyone just scrambled to get to the front row - i ended up behind 1 guy - damien was a few people back from me. so...we stood around, scrunched up together like that for another 45 minutes or so. i'm turned around talking to some girl, when damien points in the direction of the stage door and says "sweetie...". so, i turned around, and she was right there. the look on my face must've been priceless. she came directly over to the guy that was in front of me and signed his cd. he then moved out of the way, and she looked at me, shook my hand and said hello. i asked her if she could sign a picture that i'd gotten from one of the guys at the meet & greet (as i'd forgotten to bring anything for her to sign!). she said "sure" and asked my name. i told her it was kym, and she asked me how to spell it (which, i found kind of odd...). anyway, i told her and she said that it was beautiful. i honestly don't know that i said much of anything else to her. she signed my pic, went on to the next person and then after signing their stuff, posed for a picture with them. and i said something about completely forgetting to get a picture with her, so she came back over to where i was standing and said "come here and lean in". so, i handed the camera to damien and leaned back over the barricade and she leaned forward, and i could feel her arm around my back. (!) anyway, she signed a few more things for people and talked to a few more people and then went inside. by this point, i was completely in shock, in tears, and feeling like one of those crazed beatle fans that i've never really understood...
    we headed for a pharmacy with a 1 hour photo place and dropped off our film, then went to taco bell for dinner. picked up the pictures, oohed and ahhed over them for a bit and then headed back to the opera house. we got there, again found amazingly close parking and went in and bought our stuff. damien got a t-shirt, and i got a poster. i'm going to wait and order a tee off of her website after all of the tummy tucking - i don't think i would've gotten much use out of it at this point, and i knew damien really wanted one.
    anyway...we had front row seats, which were incredible. we were a little to the left of stage, and i really thought we'd be looking at the back of her head all night, but she really didn't play "just" the piano that much at all. it was amazing, and i sat there the entire time choking back tears. here's the setlist:

Original Sinsuality
    Icicle
    Blood Roses
    Leather
    Jamaica Inn
    Snow Cherries From France
    Bells For Her

Turn The Page (Bob Seger cover)
    Penny Lane (Beatles cover)

Butterfly
    Mother Revolution
    Beauty Queen
    Horses
    Jackie's Strength
    Spring Haze
    The Beekeeper

1st Encore

Not The Red Baron
    Rattlesnakes

2nd Encore

Abbey Road
    Silent All These Years

after the beekeeper, everyone rushed up to the stage and security was telling everyone to go back to their seats. damien and i turned to go, and he put his hand on damien and said "no, you guys can stay. you've been really nice." uh...wow. when she sang rattlesnakes, she was right over on the left side of the stage and i swear was looking directly at me, and i was sobbing like a baby. i put my hand over my heart, and she smiled. it was just...wow. i'm still in shock. she's simply amazing.

and...here are some of the pics that i got from the meet & greet...

tori talking to one of the fans at the meet & greet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

just tori.

done at the meet & greet & going into the opera house.

the pic that she signed for me.

and...last but NOT least...me & tori.

wow.
    Last edited by broken_pryncess; 04-16-2005 at 02:48 AM.

Nice pics!

It has always been a dream of mine to meet Tori. I am so jealous!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    Nice pics!

It has always been a dream of mine to meet Tori. I am so jealous!

thanks! it really was amazing. definitely one of my dreams come true...

*sigh*

+ Reply to Thread