+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    If I go, I'll be going to the one in Chicago too since it's closest. And being on a Friday is good since I don't have to worry about traveling back home the same night because I won't have to work the next day. Hmmm.... this could work out well!

yay! maybe i'll see you there!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

That would be cool, BP!
    I forgot to talk to my husband about this last night, but since tickets haven't gone on sale yet I guess I don't need to bring it up to him this minute anyway. I haven't seen Tori in concert in years, and I am anxious to see her perform live again.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    That would be cool, BP!
    I forgot to talk to my husband about this last night, but since tickets haven't gone on sale yet I guess I don't need to bring it up to him this minute anyway. I haven't seen Tori in concert in years, and I am anxious to see her perform live again.
    she is amazing live. and, i'm already so in love with the new cd - and i've never seen her solo...so, i'm really excited about this one. i'll let you know what seats we end up with, so you can stop by and say hello. i'd love to meet you.

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make any of the shows this time around...we'll see, but I doubt it. It's okay, I have seen her live more times than I can remember, though I will definitely agree that she is an amazing force onstage and seeing her live is truly an experience that one could neither regret nor forget.

It's interesting you haven't ever seen her solo, BP! Back in the "old days" it was always just Tori and her piano, so I'm actually unused to seeing her with a full band. The first time I saw her with any accompaniment was, if memory serves me, mid-90s. The last time I saw her live was 2002, when she returned to performing without accompaniment for Strange Little Tour. I actually prefer Tori solo, because the mood is more intimate, and she seems more likely to go off and banter. And I just love her crazy little stories.

Speaking of which...woohoo! Hot off the presses!!! Who else has their copy of Tori Amos' Piece By Piece ? I got mine this week, and though I haven't had time yet to sit down and read it, I am just enjoying looking at the lovely cover and fondling the honeycomb design underneath the dust jacket.

[IMG]images/img/0-7679-1676-X.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 02-12-2005 at 10:32 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

TORI ANNOUNCES THE ORIGINAL SINSUALITY TOUR!
    4/01/05 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckard Hall
    4/03/05 Orlando, FL Bob Carr Theatre
    4/04/05 Atlanta, GA Symphony Hall
    4/06/05 Washington, DC Warner Theatre
    4/08/05 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
    4/11/05 Philadelphia, PA Kimmel Center
    4/12/05 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
    4/14/05 Detroit, MI Detroit Opera House
    4/15/05 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theatre
    4/17/05 Grand Prairie, TX Nokia Theatre
    4/19/05 Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
    4/22/05 Seattle, WA Benaroya Hall
    4/24/05 San Francisco, CA Davies Symphony Hall
    4/25/05 Los Angeles, CA Royce Hall Auditorium

yay! she added a detroit show! so, we may be going to that one instead of the chicago one - much closer for us. or...who knows? maybe both! i'm so excited!!!

just a reminder - the beekeeper comes out in the u.s. today!!! can't wait to check out the special edition!!

I just got confirmation last night via email that my book and special edition CD have been shipped to me. Can't wait to get it!

The bad news is, though, that I won't be able to go to the Tori concert in Chicago like I had originally hoped. Ah well, maybe next time.

Well, so far I have been listening to my new CD in the car to and from work, and I am enjoying the songs. I don't know which ones are which yet, but I do know I like songs #1 and #5 a lot. I like the title track as well. But I still haven't listened to the whole CD yet. (It doesn't take me long to get to work!)

I also haven't had the opportunity to start reading her book, but I like her little preface in the beginning to her daughter, Natyasha - "You better not read this until you're 16"! Hey, should be a good book! Also, I saw a picture in there of Tori and her daughter looking in a mirror - my gosh, Natyasha looks just like Tori! She's a little beauty.

well the ticketmaster sales today completely sucked! my husband and i were both on computers with dsl and all we could pull up for detroit or chicago were awful seats.

but...i caved and bought front row seats to the detroit show!! goodbye $250.

Charliebug! How is everything going?

Just wanted to ask, what Tori CD does this new one remind you of? What style? Or is it different from the others? Just curious!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread