+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

her hair was looking a bit rough in some of the pics....but, bleaching and dying red for 20 years will do that to a girl! lol here's some pics from the sleeps with butterflies video shoot that she did last weekend. her hair looks a lot better in these.

now...worship these pics.

Last edited by broken_pryncess; 02-03-2005 at 12:10 PM.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I was going to say that, duckgirl, but wasn't sure if I was being too critical or not. Glad it wasn't just me who noticed that Tori's hair is looking awfully damaged these days. Guess many years of red coloring will do that to a person! I like the second and last pictures the best.

Edit: BP, looks like you and I were thinking the same thing and posted at the same time.

Not only is it ratted out from constant dyeing, but probably from constant styling and hairspray and curling and straightening for 20 years.

I'm glad the Sleeps video is looking so normal, and pretty, and nice. I thought A Sorta Fairytale had a chance to be a hit, but then she went and made herself into a leg in the video. Bah.

are the pics i posted showing up??? photobucket seems to have mysteriously "misplaced" them - and i can't edit the post...meh.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I can see them fine, BP. Are other people having problems viewing them? Also, thanks for posting them, they're lovely.

Anyway, there is a great interview of Tori in the recent Bust, and I'm so glad that it's online (courtesy The Dent) for you Toriphiles who might not subscribe to the feminist mag (it's a cool publication BTW).

You can read the full article here: http://www.thedent.com/more.php?id=1759_0_1_0_M

I really liked these quotes in particular, addressing motherhood and feminism:
    If we're going to be lighthouses for the next generation, women should be able to feel like they're not betraying feminism if they're good moms. That's why a lot of women have exited stage left. They feel like the "movement" became too much like the patriarchy-controlling them, dissing them in a way. You get enough of that from the boss, man. You get enough of that from the Bible.
    [...]
    There has to be a marriage within every woman between the physical and the spiritual, and the emotional and mental. There has to be integration at some point in your life or else there's this constant division. I think that the most sensual thing is when a woman accepts who she is. Women and sexuality have been thought of as something that has to be talked about behind closed doors. Obviously, taking your sexuality to a three-year-old's birthday party is just very misguided. But the idea that you can't be a mother and be involved in a a very passionate relationship isn't true. Yet, for so long, women were divided. The Mother Mary or the Magdalene-if we're talking about Christian mythology-you were either one or the other. Until I married the two Marys within my being, I was really divided.
    I love Tori's really deep thoughts!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

BP, I can see the pictures just fine. Thanks for posting them - I especially love the whimsical flowing dress she's wearing in the second pic. And Snowy, thanks for posting that article. Good read!

so...who's going to the first part of this tour? i'm so excited to see tori perform solo! we're going to the chicago one.

April 1 - Tampa, FL
    April 3 - Orlando, FL
    April 4 - Atlanta, GA
    April 6 - Washington, DC
    April 8 - New York, NY
    April 11 - Philadelphia, PA
    April 12 - Boston, MA
    April 15 - Chicago, IL
    April 17 - Dallas, TX
    April 19 - Denver, CO
    April 22 - Seattle, WA
    April 24 - San Francisco, CA
    April 25 - Los Angeles, CA

Well, if she goes to Australia I'll be there, even if I have to get to Sydney. Of course, she hasn't been to Australia since the Pele tour, so I'm not holding my breath.

just found this over at the dent - don't know if you've seen it yet or if it'll do any good, but it's worth a shot.

quote from the dent: Tori has expressed a desire to return to Australia in response to fan questioning several times over the last few years, but has made it clear that it depends on several factors, some outside her own control. The main consideration these days is her daughter's ability to travel there. I would imagine other factors like financial constraints and record company support also play a role.)

link to petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ToriTourOz

If I go, I'll be going to the one in Chicago too since it's closest. And being on a Friday is good since I don't have to worry about traveling back home the same night because I won't have to work the next day. Hmmm.... this could work out well!

+ Reply to Thread