+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

That is so cool! I hope she did read it. She seems to be a very nice person who would love to know something wonderful like that!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

i really hope so, too. she is very nice - or at least what i've seen of her (mostly interviews and such). but, at the m&g, she seemed really into the fans and listening very closely to everything that they said to her. have you ever met her or been close to her? it's a very strange experience.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Strange? Describe your experience...I am all ears. And no, I havent met her but she appears to be pretty intense!

yeah, i actually guess intense would be a better word than strange. it's just so unreal being that close to someone that you've admired for so long. and, she's so tiny...like a little fairy, almost. lol

she just seems very focused and real.

did you find my pics from the m&g?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

She seems both real and unreal. She seems sincere and totally cool and mysterious in a sense. I didnt find your pics. How can I locate them?

Here is the official track listing for The Beekeeper ( a little different from what i'd originally heard) from Toriamos.com:

Parasol
    Sweet the Sting
    The Power of Orange Knickers (featuring Damien Rice)
    Jamaica Inn
    Barons of Suburbia
    Sleeps with Butterflies
    General Joy
    Mother Revolution
    Ribbons Undone
    Cars and Guitars
    Witness
    Original Sinsuality
    Ireland
    The Beekeeper
    Martha's Foolish Ginger
    Hoochie Woman
    Goodbye Pisces
    Marys of the Sea
    Toast

have any of you heard sleeps with butterflies or cars and guitars yet??? what do you think???

I have! They are both pretty damn good. They sound less synthesised than some of her more recent CDs which is of course a good thing. It's more Choirgirl-y than like, UTP or LE, but I like it. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. I hope a 6 song sampler gets leaked. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I hope a 6 song sampler gets leaked. Hehe.
    heh - me too!

i can't wait for this one - it does sound so much different than her last couple of cd's.

Special Packaging includes Bonus DVD -

Includes over 25 minutes of interview footage as Tori talks about the songs and their origins as well as a unique glimpse behind the scenes at the photo shoot for The Beekeeper. The Bonus DVD also features the bonus track "Garlands" set to exclusive content from Tori's book, Piece by Piece, including photographs and text. The Special Packaging also includes a seed packet with a wild flower mix prepared especially for The Beekeeper.

here's a link to sleeps with butterflies for anyone who's interested.

hoochie woman can be heard here if you click on the little set of headphones. i don't know how long this will be up - it's at about the 9:40 minute mark.

don't know how i feel about this one yet...maybe one of those that'll have to grow on me.

+ Reply to Thread