+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Yay, something to do when I get home!

i remember when those Scarlet's Walk clips were released, and how angry she got. But it's not like because I downloaded them I didn't run out and buy the special edition as soon as I could. Same goes for these clips. I'm still going to buy the cd.

forgot to mention - the downloads are in the forums. they're a little "poppy", but i guess i'm one of those that feels tori "can do no wrong"... lol

enjoy!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Blondie, The Beekeeper doesn't come out until February 22, I believe. And her book is released on February 8. I already pre-ordered both so I won't forget to get them come February. The special edition of The Beekeeper includes a bonus DVD and seeds for a mix of wild flowers - how fun is that? I just had to get it!
    No, I haven't heard that, but I can imagine it's wonderful! Where can I find it?
    That IS fun! Leave it to Tori, wildflowers are so her! I believe I also find those clips on one of the websites duckgirl mentioned!

Tori is such a unique and interesting lady. Cant wait to read the book!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

yeah, someone sent me the entire radio edit version of sleeps with butterflies last night, and it's absolutely beautiful.

i know - leave it to tori to inclue wildflowers with her cd. could she get any better???

it's killing me having to wait for the book and the cd!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

broken,

What is your fave Tori CD? I think mine was the first one, although I love them all...the first one sticks out in my head. I bought it in college. So many good memories!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    broken,

What is your fave Tori CD? I think mine was the first one, although I love them all...the first one sticks out in my head. I bought it in college. So many good memories!

god, i can only pick one? i love them all so much, and they're all so different from one another and each one has been my very favorite during one mood or another. earthquakes is what made me fall in love with tori, but all of her stuff has a place in my heart. if it wasn't for tori, i would've never have met my husband, so i got to love her for that. but, my absolute favorite ever would probably be choirgirl - there's just so much angst and desperation and feeling to those songs. so...yeah, that's my final answer...i guess.

I KNEW that would have been a hard question to answer! So, you met your husband "through" Tori? WOW!

I KNEW that would have been a hard question to answer! So, you met your husband "through" Tori? WOW!
    yeah - if you want to know the whole sickening sweet story, i posted all about it above in this thread somewhere. best thing that ever happened to me.

well, i went and dug up my old post about how i met my hubby (just for you):

OMG! i completely missed your post, sher. i am so sorry. well... after a couple of terrible relationships and a couple of years alone, i saw an ad for match.com and they had a free 14 day trial. so, i thought "what the hell? maybe i can at least meet some interesting people and get out of the house." i answered a couple of ads, and emailed a couple of guys a couple of times, but they all seemed really psycho - or at least on the verge. every week, matchmaker sends you an email with your 10 newest matches (that match your profile 80% or more). after i had emailed back and forth with a couple of these guys, i gave up and planned to cancel as soon as my trial period was up. a few days had passed and i had all but forgotten about the whole thing, when i get this email with my matches. it listed 10 guys with their user names and the first 3 lines of their profile "tell about yourself type of thing". anyway, i am scrolling through, and all of a sudden, i see "tori amos", and of course, i am all but shocked being as men don't really seem to get her. so, i was impressed that that not only did he like her, but that he liked her well enough to fit into the first 3 sentences of telling about himself. so, i sent a pretty generic email telling him that he had great taste in music and that i was really impressed. i really didn't think much of it. anyway, he emailed me back and wrote this really long, rather intriguing letter and left his phone number. so, i called him the next day, and i kid you not we were on the phone from 7pm until 3am. we just seemed to click. we met up the next day, and basically have been inseperable since. i moved about 2 hours away from my family and friends to be with him because he had a ft job with benefits and a house, and i was in an apt and between temp jobs, so it just made more sense. we've been together for about a year, and have been married since oct. 19 (sweetest's day! gag!) but, the kicker is that when we went into match.com to see what percent they had us as (because we had so much in common, we knew we had to be close to 100%), neither of us was listed as a match for the other. ??? i was telling this story to mikewhy from the dent and he just said, "see... tori works in mysterious ways." i thought that was really neat. anyway, that's how i met my wonderful hubby. sorry it was so long!

and, there you have it. oct 19th was our 2nd anniversary - and everything is still amazing. i gave tori a letter telling her all of this at one of the shows on scarlet's walk. doubt she actually reads all of those, but hey...

i had forgotten, too. but, when i was looking through this thread for that post, i saw a couple of the pics that i took of her at a meet & greet..so, if you want to check that out...

pryncess,

That is an amazing and a romantic story! Tori plays matchmaker! I absolutely LOVE it! You should write her a fan mail and tell her about it!

My hubby, on the other hand, isnt all that fond of Tori! HMMMMMMMMMM!

pryncess,

That is an amazing and a romantic story! Tori plays matchmaker! I absolutely LOVE it! You should write her a fan mail and tell her about it!

My hubby, on the other hand, isnt all that fond of Tori! HMMMMMMMMMM!

yeah, i wrote her a letter and gave it to her at the meet & greet. actually, gave it to one of her bodyguards. hopefully, she got it and read it.

+ Reply to Thread