+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Speaking of Christmas -- have you heard Tori's version of "Little Drummer Boy"? I love it, and years ago the only place I could find it was on a CD entitled "You Sleigh Me", a compilation of more alternative Christmas music by various artists. I absolutely LOVE this CD! It's my favorite to listen to around the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I can be traditional too and love the regular holiday music as well, but this CD gives it a different spin. And hey, it provides you with another Tori song.
    Hi cherish and charliebug!

No, I havent heard that one yet. I bet its awesome. I need to get it!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Cherish - I'm not really sure as I've never downloaded music myself. I did use to be a member of Columbia House's music club and I could listen to songs online there (to decide if I wanted to purchase a CD or not). Maybe you could go to the Columbia House website and look up a Tori CD and then when it lists the songs on the CD, just listen to it there? Sorry, I know it's archaic, but I don't know of any other way to listen. (Technically illiterate, I am!)

tracklisting

The Beekeeper

01. Ribbons Undone
    02. Sweet the Sting
    03. Sleeps with Butterflies
    04. Ireland
    05. Mother Revolution
    06. Marys of the Sea
    07. Washington Square (might be changed to Garlands)
    08. Parasol
    09. Cars AND Guitars
    10. Martha's Foolish Ginger
    11. Witness
    12. Barons of Suburbia
    13. Jamaica Inn
    14. The Power of Orange Knickers
    15. Goodbye Pisces
    16. Hootchie Woman
    17. The Beekeeper
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Cant wait to The Beekeeper comes out next month. Although, I LOVE Tori, for some odd reason, I didnt get Scarletts Walk until recently.

Charliebug, I recently heard Tori singing The Drummer Boy. It was great. Have you heard her sing What Child is this? Another goody!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

BP, thanks for posting the songs for Tori's new album. I just love her song titles, don't you? I mean, who else could come up with such treasures as "The Power of Orange Knickers"?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Cant wait to The Beekeeper comes out next month. Although, I LOVE Tori, for some odd reason, I didnt get Scarletts Walk until recently.
    Blondie, The Beekeeper doesn't come out until February 22, I believe. And her book is released on February 8. I already pre-ordered both so I won't forget to get them come February. The special edition of The Beekeeper includes a bonus DVD and seeds for a mix of wild flowers - how fun is that? I just had to get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Charliebug, I recently heard Tori singing The Drummer Boy. It was great. Have you heard her sing What Child is this? Another goody!
    No, I haven't heard that, but I can imagine it's wonderful! Where can I find it?

I'd check hereinmyhead.com or yessaid.com for Tori MP3 downloads before I tried anywhere else, especially if it's something more obscure.

I'm so excited for Tori's new CD. Tales of a Librarian was like Strange Little Girls - I want new, original Tori!

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I'd check hereinmyhead.com or yessaid.com for Tori MP3 downloads before I tried anywhere else, especially if it's something more obscure.
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I'm so excited for Tori's new CD. Tales of a Librarian was like Strange Little Girls - I want new, original Tori!
    Amen, sista! I can't wait until February!

I've seen this thread before but I haven't really responded because I haven't listened to much of Tori's music. I own- and adore- Little Earthquakes, but nothing since. I might pop into the local used music shop and see what I can find.

Most of her music is available on iTunes, if anyone's interested.

i know tori would really frown upon this, but i couldn't resist - if you go to yessaid.com, you can download clips of "sleeps with butterflies" and "cars and guitars" - they're almost 2 minute clips and really high quality. and i LOVE them both!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Yay, something to do when I get home!

i remember when those Scarlet's Walk clips were released, and how angry she got. But it's not like because I downloaded them I didn't run out and buy the special edition as soon as I could. Same goes for these clips. I'm still going to buy the cd.

+ Reply to Thread