+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

I'm still here!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I just noticed this thread for the first time today. I wish I would have seen it sooner, but then again I've only been here for a couple of months so it's not like I could've been contributing for a while!

Anyway, count me in as a huge Tori fan. I have about 30 CDs (including imports and soundtracks that just have one Tori song on it), several videos, and some sheet music and a picture book. My husband is now a fan as well. Truthfully, although I'll always admire Tori and love her dearly, I don't follow Tori news like I used to. Does anyone know if she's still touring? I've only been to one concert and that was quite a few years ago - I would LOVE to see her again. She's amazing live. And I know she got married a couple of years ago - does anyone know if she plans on having children? I'm totally out of the Tori loop these days.

It's so great to come to this site and find so many Tori fans. In my area (small rural city) no one has heard of Tori, let alone like her music. I feel I'm finally amongst friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    I just noticed this thread for the first time today. I wish I would have seen it sooner, but then again I've only been here for a couple of months so it's not like I could've been contributing for a while!

Anyway, count me in as a huge Tori fan. I have about 30 CDs (including imports and soundtracks that just have one Tori song on it), several videos, and some sheet music and a picture book. My husband is now a fan as well. Truthfully, although I'll always admire Tori and love her dearly, I don't follow Tori news like I used to. Does anyone know if she's still touring? I've only been to one concert and that was quite a few years ago - I would LOVE to see her again. She's amazing live. And I know she got married a couple of years ago - does anyone know if she plans on having children? I'm totally out of the Tori loop these days.

It's so great to come to this site and find so many Tori fans. In my area (small rural city) no one has heard of Tori, let alone like her music. I feel I'm finally amongst friends.
    so glad that you found us. a great place to go and catch up on everything tori is thedent.com - she had a baby girl awhile ago. i think she's 4 now - her name's natashya lorein. she just finished working on a new cd that's going to be released in early 2005 and will be touring again for that. it's called the beekeeper. there's a bunch of info on that at thedent as well. anyway...nice to have you here.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

people that like Tori = very cool. But you probably already know that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    people that like Tori = very cool. But you probably already know that by now.
    Of course, Toxic!

Thanks so much for the info, Broken Pryncess! I knew I was out of the loop, but I didn't know I was four years behind! I think that's so wonderful - what a beautiful name for a little girl. Leave it to Tori to come up with something beautiful yet exotic. And thank goodness she'll be touring again soon, because I really want to see her again.

I absolutely LOVE Tori. I saw her in concert but only once. She is amazing and her songs are truly incredible.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Another Tori fan - hi Blondie!
    Tori certainly is one of the most talented musicians out there, in my opinion. Seeing her in concert is an amazing experience. I would love to see her again, and am hoping next time she goes on tour that she comes somewhere within a reasonable vicinity of my home.

Hi Charlie...the first thing I noticed was your wicked cool avatar! And I thought, "Hey, I like this girl!"

Tori is awesome, I love her voice and her songs stick with you and you cant get them out of your head. I have every album EXCEPT for Scarletts Walk...I know, I should be ashamed of myself BUT I will be getting it.

I heard she has a new album coming out in April, "The Beekeeper"?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Awww, thanks Blondie.
    The only album I don't listen to too much is the one where she had all those remakes - of course, I can't think of the name of the album right now. Her pictures are really cool in it though - I like how different she looks in all the different photos, from old fashioned to prissy to asian, etc. Very cool.
    I'll be on the look out for her new album come next spring. I always to the store the day they are released so I don't have to wait to hear them.

tori's got a book coming out in feb., too. it's called tori amos: piece by piece - done with ann powers. here's the link for it at amazon.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread