+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Has anyone seen the song list for the CD?

I just saw it yesterday. She's putting Mary on it, which is one of my favourite b-sides.

Precious Things
    Angels
    Silent All These Years
    Cornflake Girl
    Mary
    God
    Winter
    Spark
    Way Down
    Professional Widow
    Mr Zebra
    Crucify
    Me and a Gun
    Bliss
    Playboy Mommy
    Baker Baker
    Tear In Your Hand
    Sweet Dreams
    Jackie's Strength
    Snow Cherries from France

Bliss ROCKS, it's the best song from TVAB.

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    I read on another thread that it could possibly be an australian only release..
    there are key songs missing from the tracklist...CALS anyone?

Way Down was supposedly a big hit in Australia
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

Is her voice anything less than sexy and hauntingly sultry.Her music always makes me feel like fall is coming...*all warm and fuzzy*

Update: This press release can also be seen at atlantic-records.com and businesswire.com. There are also articles based on this press release at Billboard.com (where they add that Scarlet's Walk has sold 537,000 copies to date) and livedaily.com. (Thanks Richard Handal.)

An anonymous source has sent me a press release from Atlantic Records that gives complete details about Tori's upcoming Tales Of A Librarian album, which will be released in the U.S. on November 18, 2003. You can read the complete press release, but here is a summary:

The 2-disc release will contain a 20-track CD and a bonus DVD.

The new songs are Angels and Snow Cherries From France.

The b-sides Mary and Sweet Dreams have been completely re-recorded.

The other songs have been "reconditioned" and "revisited".

The bonus DVD includes songs recorded live during the sound check of the final show of Amos' summer 2003 North American tour. The songs are Pretty Good Year, Northern Lad, and Honey.

The DVD also has audio remixes of Putting The Damage On and Mr. Zebra in surround sound and that include images from Tori's career.

More Details
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    SEPTEMBER 26, 2003

AMOS OPENS BACK CATALOG ON FIRST-EVER COMPILATION:

"TALES OF A LIBRARIAN" CD/DVD SET ARRIVES NOV. 18TH;
    COLLECTION FEATURES "RECONDITIONED" SONGS
    PLUS NEW RECORDINGS;
    BONUS DVD FEATURES 2003 LIVE RECORDINGS,
    PHOTO GALLERIES, SURROUND SOUND AUDIO TRACKS

Atlantic Records has announced the forthcoming release of "TALES OF A LIBRARIAN," the first-ever compilation from Tori Amos. The two-disc, CD/DVD collection - which Amos describes as a musical "autobiography" - was produced by Amos and includes songs chosen by the multiple Grammy Award-nominated artist from her Atlantic career. The set is slated to arrive in stores on November 18th.

The "TALES OF A LIBRARIAN" audio CD features 20 songs that document a career spanning over a decade, among them "Precious Things," "Playboy Mommy," "Spark," "God," "Cornflake Girl," "Baker Baker," "Winter," "Tear In Your Hand," and of course, "Silent All These Years." Amos has personally revisited and "reconditioned" the original material, retooling the multi-track recordings to offer a new perspective on some of her most beloved songs.

In addition, "TALES OF A LIBRARIAN" will include a pair of brand-new songs - "Angels" and "Snow Cherries From France" - as well as newly recorded renditions of two ultra-rare B-sides - "Mary" (originally found on the European "Crucify" CD single) and "Sweet Dreams" (from 1992's limited edition "Winter" CD).

As sequenced by Amos, the songs - which Amos has always considered to be her children - form a unique personal narrative and a breathtaking view of an extraordinary body of work.

The bonus DVD features songs recorded live earlier this month during sound check of the final show of Amos' summer 2003 North American tour. Performances include "Pretty Good Year," "Northern Lad," and "Honey." The DVD also includes audio remixes of "Putting the Damage On" and "Mr. Zebra" - from the album "BOYS FOR PELE" - which, like the three live performance tracks, were specially mixed for the DVD in surround sound. Accompanying the two audio tracks are images that visually chronicle Amos' career.

Unquestionably one of the most acclaimed and influential artists of the modern era, Tori Amos first captured the world's attention in 1992 with her classic solo debut, the RIAA double-platinum certified "LITTLE EARTHQUAKES." Each consecutive Atlantic Records collection of original Amos material that followed has been certified platinum or better by the RIAA - "UNDER THE PINK" (1994), "BOYS FOR PELE" (1996), "FROM THE CHOIRGIRL HOTEL" (1998), and "TO VENUS AND BACK" (1999).

For additional information, please see The Atlantic Group website at www.atlantic-records.com

The 2-disc release will contain a 20-track CD and a bonus DVD.

The new songs are Angels and Snow Cherries From France.

The b-sides Mary and Sweet Dreams have been completely re-recorded.

The other songs have been "reconditioned" and "revisited".

The bonus DVD includes songs recorded live during the sound check of the final show of Amos' summer 2003 North American tour. The songs are Pretty Good Year, Northern Lad, and Honey.

The DVD also has audio remixes of Putting The Damage On and Mr. Zebra in surround sound and that include images from Tori's career.

apparently, she is also going to have a song on the soundtrack for the movie that she's going to be in (mona lisa smile) called "you belong to me".
    "Tori's vocals on the song are reportedly husky and very different from anything she's ever done. The song has an old big band feel to it. It is not known at this time if this is the only contribution Tori makes to the Soundtrack or if there is more." -mikewhy (thedent.com)
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I wonder when a song listing will be available on Amazon.com...

It's still not up which leads me to believe there are different listings in different countries...
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

well...it's up at amazon...

I guess it's official...we'll just have to suck it up and accept the crappy song list..

I don't think it's crappy.

It would be hard for me to pick out twenty songs from ALL of her songs to put on a best of.

Cooling would definitely be on there, though. I am glad she put Way Down on though, because Pele is often ignored. Odd choice, but some of them are. Why Sweet Dreams? I'm still excited for it though.

i don't think it's crappy either. i don't think anything tori has ever done can be classified as "crappy". i'm really excited to hear the new songs and to see what's she's done with the older ones. i can't wait for mona lisa smile to come out either!! she's got 2 songs on that soundtrack, too.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I said the song list was crappy..

it's seriously missing some important songs in my opinion...caught a lite sneeze, 1000 oceans, and nothing from Scarlet...

She probably thought Scarlet was too new to put on a best of. I think any songs from Scarlet would feel out of place anyway.

It's missing a lot. You could make a case for Hey Jupiter, Pretty Good Year, Black Dove, or maybe even Putting The Damage On, not to mention Juarez or something from TVAB, along with her hundreds of B-sides and covers. Angie, Toodles Mr Jim, Boys in the Trees, Honey, Sugar, Sister Janet...

+ Reply to Thread