+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What in the hell are you saying? Sing clearer!

Hmm.. I think the video for Stole is based on the actual lyrics of the song. There was the boy who killed himself in the first part of the video, and the other boy who um..died while playing basketball.. The video and song are really pretty depressing.

Basically, I listen to all kinds of music. I've got r'n'b, pop, rock and country in my CD collection. The latest addition to my collection is Vanessa Carlton's Be Not Nobody. I love her music.

yup. I couldn't really understand the song and the video at first, but in the end, all the pieces came together.
    All good things come to an end.

so... exactly what does "wrapped up like a deuce" mean??? i just don't get that song! oh, and up until recently i had always thought that the ac/dc song "thunder struck" was saying "f@!# that sh@#!!! i'm not much of an ac/dc fan, but it was on the radio in the car the other day, and i'm just singing away, and my husband busts out laughing!! oh, and the til tuesday, instead of voices carry, i always thought it was "it's so scarey". i'm so glad they're putting lyrics in the cd's now!!! lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

On the cute side...

It is adorable to hear a child sing "round John version" instead of " 'round yon virgin" while singing Silent Night.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    so... exactly what does "wrapped up like a deuce" mean??? i just don't get that song!
    I've never been able to figure that one out. I know that if you have a deuce in your hand in poker, you might hold your hand closer because you don't want someone to see that your hand blows. But still, that's reaching.

I did a search on the web, and it turns out that we aren't the only ones asking this question. In an online chat with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon, someone from New Mexico asked them. All I learned was that Bruce Springsteen wrote the song. And I had a little laugh.

Albuquerque NM: Tony and Mike, What does "Wrapped up like a deuce, she was a runner in the night" mean?

Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon: Call Bruce Springsteen in New Jersey and ask him. He wrote it. I thought it was wrapped up like a deuce, "another" runner in the night, but I could be wrong. While you're talking to Bruce, ask him why he stopped writing songs like "Meeting Across the River." What a great song that is. I don't wanna hear about drifters in Nebraska from Bruce. --Tony

I heard someone thought the song "Crimson and Clover" was really "Christmas is Over". :santagrin

It wasn't me, honest!!!
    Beauty is only skin deep. I love skin!

ahh haha this is the funniest thread ever! I honestly can't remember any that I've misheard, but when/if I do, I'll post 'em here!
    February 1 it all begins.
    .:*:.Elven Angel.:*:.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I died reading this thread!!!! Im notorious for singing the wrong lyrics...(and i sing loudly!!)

Madonna's "Isla Bonita" there is a line that goes "I fell in love with Don Pedro" (I think thats it! lol) anyhow I sang..I fell in love with some bagels.......

I had a friend in high school that talked about how much she loved the "Dragon Lady" song. No one had a CLUE what she was talking about.

Turns out she thought Dude Looks Like a Lady was, "Do the dragon lady".
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I've always thought he said "Wrapped up like a douche another owner in the night"
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread