+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What in the hell are you saying? Sing clearer!

OK, I'm hoping someone can help me out... I really tried searching, found a great site for lyrics to songs by The Cars, but I don't know the title, so I was kind of screwed

Anyhoodle:

Yesterday we were driving home from shopping when a Cars song came on. They sang something about "Life is a sin, except for your shoes"

Now, can that be right? My son thinks those are the most awesome song lyrics ever

Soooo, anyone know what song that could be, or what it is they are saying?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    "Brick House" by the Commodores is the shake-a-cow song to me because that's what it sounds like they're saying. I know the real lyric is "shake it down, shake it down now" but I swear it sounds like "shake a cow, shake a cow now".

Cali, I think that song is called "Moving in Stereo"

http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics...GephL%2F1OU%3D

"Life's the same, except for my shoes"
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Thanks Z! I have a feeling my son will like those lyrics even better.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Ive made many song mistakes, one that i remember is from a waiting to exhale song that was named "Sitting up in my room" I always thought it was, "You send out to my soul, back here thinking about you" when ever i heard it, when it actually was,
    "Be sittin up in my room
    Back here thinkin bout you
    I must confess, I'm a mess for you"

Somehow i don't feel like an a$$ anymore.:p
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    OK, I'm pretty sure we all know the song Edge Of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks... at least us old fogies know it...

anyway... I think she's saying "Like a white winged dove" (I'm really not sure )

I am sure however, that my son had it wrong when he sang: "Like a wild ranger"
    Okay, it's almost one year later and I'm responding this post. But I found it funny because my husband, friend, and I were arguing over the lyrics to this song last week - same line. My husband refused to believe me when I said it was "Just like a white winged dove" - he thought she was saying "Just like the ones we love".

He and I argue over song lyrics all the the time, but he's usually right. One of our favorite songs is Dave Matthews Band "Crash". Towards the end, the part that says "I'm the king of the castle, you're the dirty rascal...." I had no idea Dave was saying "dirty rascal" until I heard my husband singing it. I used to think it said "you're the girl who has to (crash into me)". Oops.

One of my college roommates was infamous for misunderstanding lyrics. The one I remember best was that she thought the GoGo's were singing "Otters and Seals" instead of "Our Lips Are Sealed." As a joke, the rest of us used to flop to the ground and act like seals whenever the song came on.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Hillary duff and her sister remade that song and i thought they were saying, "how does it feel?"
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie
    The worst is the Stacy Orico song "More" it goes

There's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high
    cause the more that I..
    shoob be doop a stoop dop whoa a whoa or some **** like that I have no idea what the hell she is saying.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-15-2005 at 08:41 PM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I always had trouble with Nirvana's Come As You Are.. where he sings memory.. he draws it out and i still sing memory of. hehe.

Also i had friends in a local Cleveland band, then called Outta the Blue who became the Szuters and now Magna-Fi (they are kinda big in Japan and Vegas now)... they had a song called So Happy ( I STILL love this poppy lil tune hehe) and they had the nerve to use words like antiquated and the Auto-de-fey in it. Now my best friend and i spent like 4 hours one night rewinding and re-listening to that song JUST to get the lyrics right and ended up asking Mike what the heck he was saying in the auto de fay part.. far be it from me to think that any pop-rock band would use a religious persecution in a song.

+ Reply to Thread