+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The coolest music videos

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    - this is exactly what I came to post. Hmmm...Hungry Like the Wolf or Rio? (in fact, Save A Prayer is my favorite)
    I was always partial to "New Moon On Monday", personally.

Want to hear the lamest thing ever? Duran Duran was at their peak of popularity when I was in 4th/5th grade. There were 5 girls in my close-knit group of friends. Worked out perfectly so that each of us got a Duran Duran husband. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I was Mrs. Nick Rhodes at the tender age of 10. I wanted to be Mrs. John Taylor, but some other chick picked his name out of the hat first. I think the whole thing was rigged.

At least I didn't have to be married to Andy.

Focusing: I was watching VH1's "50 sexiest video moments" yesterday, and I have to admit that Madonna has made some great ones. Aside from the obvious "Justify My Love" and "Erotica", "Take A Bow" (one of my favorite songs of hers) was also really beautifully shot. I've liked the imagery in many of her newer ones, too. And "Human Nature" (possibly my all-time favorite Madonna song) was also pretty cool.

That makes me sound like a much bigger Madonna fan than I really am. She's just made SO much music over the last 20 years that it's hard not to like at least some of it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I wanted to be Mrs. John Taylor, but some other chick picked his name out of the hat first. I think the whole thing was rigged.
    Amanda....see this>>>>John Taylor's Wife

My husband still laughs at me when we see a Duran Duran video on VH-1 Classic and I can tell you when John will appear or what facial expression he'll make. (like in "Is there Something I Should Know" when they point and turn when they sing "a nuclear war")

I need help.

That's way too funny, MaryBeth!

Soooo...since you got Al, does that mean that John is still available?

He needs to go up in the hottest men thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    He needs to go up in the hottest men thread.
    Already gotcha on that one Amanda!!! No clue where it is in all those pages so here, since we've already gotten this nice and off topic....this is the pic I posted that is very recent to boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need to check this thread more often. Excellent pic, Libra! Sorry I'm so late replying.

On-topic: I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (too lazy to read all the responses right now), but the "Wicked Game" video was breathtaking.

FORT Fogey
    The Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up"

Director Jonas Åkerlund's brilliant video captures exactly what exaggeration for some is simply a night out for others. The twist at the end makes perfect sense and forces you to question your own belief in how you stereotype.

The coolest music videos would be anything from the Thriller Michael Jackson album, I don't think there is anything close to that on the face of the earth.

So many to think of. Just a couple:

Rabbit in Your Headlights - UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke
    Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
    REM - Losing My Religion
    In Bloom - Nirvana
    True Faith - New Order (with those jumping guys)
    Beastie Boys - Sabotage and Intergalactic

I'm sure I could come up with plenty more but it's been years since I've seen any of these.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Coolest video of all time has to be the long form of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal. He was still pretty good looking back then, too.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fogey

But I also really liked his Thriller video

+ Reply to Thread