+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: The coolest music videos

Destiny Child- lose my breath

I Is Stephanie
    Nickelback- If Everyone Cared. It's the most powerful movie I've seen since... well, since Nickelback's Far Away music video. They know how to do it right.

*Disclaimer: The words below are NOT mine. They are the words found in the music video for If Everyone Cared, which can be found on Nickelback's official website, or by Google searching it. I take NO CREDIT for anything, therefore, if there are any errors, I do not want to hear about it.*

What would happen if everyone cared?

1984. Bob Geldof, music journalist turned punk rock frontman was inspired by a news report about Africa's Famine Epidemic and began his fight against world hunger. Geldof organized the world's first global charity concert.

Live Aid performances by 100 artists around the world were viewed by 1.5 BILLION people.

Live Aid raised ₤150 million in one day.

1976. Betty Williams, a receptionist and mother of two, witnessed three children killed during the political turmoil in Northern Ireland.

Within two days of the tragic event, Williams obtained 6,000 signatures petitioning for peace.

She then led 10,000 people on a peace march to the children's graves. The peaceful march was disrupted by protesters.

One week later, Williams organized another march.

This time, the march was 35,000 strong.

Betty Williams was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1976.

1961. Two students in Portugal raised their glasses in a toast to freedom. They were imprisoned for seven years.

British lawyer Peter Benenson was shocked by the events. To rally support for the students, he wrote a letter to his local paper.

The response was so overwhelming that a committee was formed to organize the campaign.

It quickly grew into a world-wide movement known today as Amnesty International.

1920s. A boy from a small South African village dreamt of a day when equality would prevail over his country.

After years of activism, he was charged with "Political Treason" and sentenced to life in prison.

His dream of equality never died.

In 1990, after 27 years in prison, Nelson Roilhlahla Mandela was finally released.

Mandela then led South Africa to it's first ever Democratic presidential election.

Nearly 19 million people voted.

Nelson Mandela won the election, ending the racist Apartheid regime that divided South Africa for 46 years.

"Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

And that's without the images. It really does make me emotional.
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 01-27-2007 at 09:40 PM.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Has anyone seen Smile by Lily Allen? Check it out anywhere they show videos! Its funny, its dark and its creepy.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    ^ Lily Allen scares me...
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2144201;
    Weird Al - White and Nerdy.

I can't take my eyes off of Donny Osmond's dancing.
    There's a new version [mod edit] which instead of cutting back and forth between different scenes is JUST Al and Donny doing their bit for the whole song. It's called something like "White & Nerdy Take 1" or something like that.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-30-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Remove reference

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Oh man, Krom, I have seen that video recently. Donny is definitely what makes it worth while. He does nerdy oh so well.

FORT Newbie
    lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off by Panic! at the disco is the weirdest video i ever seen... but i love those guys sooooo much!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good.

I love her voice and style.

i am a big fan of the sugababes music vids.

Re: The coolest music videos

Evanescence - Sweet Sacrifice

It takes you on a journey through insanity.

+ Reply to Thread