+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The coolest music videos

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Mantenna - Yeah! I agree. That is a very good music video.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    But when I was younger, I was a big Duran Duran fan, so my opinion probably doesn't carry much weight.
    - this is exactly what I came to post. Hmmm...Hungry Like the Wolf or Rio? (in fact, Save A Prayer is my favorite)

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    I like the "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescense (the girl actually looks normal, and hot) too and Jewel's " Intuition" videos (its creative).

Currently I really like Metallica's St. Anger video.

Also Linkin Park's Faint. I thought it was cool that for the entire first half of the video you see silhoulettes (sp?) and the nearing the eng, the music changes and the camera pans to the the members of LP.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hungry like the wolf was great. but the un censored version of "girls on film" was even better

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I have a ton of favorite videos, most of which are older. In no particular order (EXCEPT FOR THE LAST FOUR )...

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
    The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
    Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
    George Michael – Freedom
    Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
    Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
    Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
    The Knack - My Sharona
    Missy Elliott - Work It
    Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
    Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right (to Party!)
    Devo - Whip It
    Robert Palmer – Addicted To Love
    U2 - One
    Santana feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth
    INXS - I Need You Tonite
    Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Which one of One, Jewelsy? Gosh does that sound like a major tongue twister or what... anyhow.

I LOVE the Bar Scene video of One. I'm not too crazy about the cross-dressing version.

That has to be my favourite video of all time. Followed by Herbie Hancock's 'Rock It'. I remember when it came out and it was just soooooooo high-tech for its time. Of course now it looks like nothing, but whenever I see it (which is rarely) it takes me back to a time when I thought moving manequins were the neatest thing ever.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

Hey. I like watching music videos, but have not watched for quite a while due to exams. I like music videos that are creative and sublime in quality. Below are some of the videos that are my favs.

1. Evanescence - Bring me out life
    - haven't seen their new vid. yet, but the first time I saw this video, I knew that I would become a worldwide hit. I especially like that part that constrasts a dull looking couple with a party happening nextdoor, but the people there have sad faces.

2. Ashanti - Foolish
    - what a great video that centralizes on the downfall of a tumultous relationship. Lots of negative energy and anger are portrayed here. It ends with reconcilation. Sweet huh?

3. Royskopp - U remind me
    - Just saw this recently. It's a Norwegian Dance Song I think. This video is 100% educational - you can learn almost everything here from your human organs to world Geography

4. Roger Sanchez - Another Chance
    - Another dance song. Just trying to decipher to hidden message the video is trying to convey just makes your heart shrink. How lonely is a girl in a world devoid of love and attention in an urban metropolis? Or is it trying to say that the world is devoid of love. Nice stuff

5. Jewel - Intuition
    - What an innovative way of making everyone know that you have changed your image. Impressive

6. Planetfunk - Chase the sun
    The choroegraphy in this video is superb. It portrays the orderliness in mental disordered people in an asylum.

I can't think of any more creative music videos right now. We have to admit that music videos nowadays are not that creative and because I am from the young generation, I know not of older music videos that are appealing and creative. Basically now physical parts are more portrayed to add to the juice of the song, and are less creative. ( Think Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin etc... )
    All good things come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    - this is exactly what I came to post. Hmmm...Hungry Like the Wolf or Rio? (in fact, Save A Prayer is my favorite)
    None of the above Marybeth, gotta be Wild Boys (long version), Serious, Come Undone, Union of the Snake....UHOH think I'm getting carried away!! LOL...I'm still into Duran (and am becoming not too ashamed to admit it finally). Those are my favorites tho, guess I just got burned out on the "classics".

Okay, on a totally superficial note...

Paulina Rubio's "Todo Mi Amor" is quite the nice video.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

+ Reply to Thread