+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever been really disappointed seeing someone live?

FORT Newbie

Ever been really disappointed seeing someone live?

For me it was Fath Hill. I love her and have followed her career since her early days in the country music business. But she is just awful live in concert. I have seen her 3 times in concert and each time she just was not very good and I left feeling disappointed. She cannot project her voice very well and it sounds kinda scratchy and not anything like her cd's.
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm dating myself, but Heart in 1992. I walked out. Yuck.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I saw the Scorpians and Motley Crue back around 97, Scorpians opened the show and they should ahve closed it, The Crue just plain sucked BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! they sounded like a garage band trying to play their songs. Thank god the Scorpians came to put on a show, they made it worthwhile

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'm dating myself, but Heart in 1992. I walked out. Yuck.
    I saw Heart in 78. they were goooooddddddd!!!!!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Hey Joeguy - I'm thinking they were great in 78 and just god-awful in 92 - past their prime. LOL

Too bad too, since they have great voices - it was just a bad show!

I saw Faith Hill on the Soul2Soul tour and my husband and I loved the show and thought that both Tim and Faith's performances were great. We were 2nd row and didn't find her voice scratchy at all. Oh well...I'm happy to say that I've been to many concerts and never have left dissapointed once.

I saw The Tubes, and walked out. It was the only concert I've ever left early. My wife doesn't even remember going.

Other than that, all the concerts I've been to have pretty much rocked.

You know what show that I was a little disappointed to actually hear because they put on a great show. Page and Plant, you know form Led Zep. Their sound was kind of muffled and the audience was terrible loud and shrill so it drowned out the band many of the times.

I saw the big 92 (?) tour with Faith No More/Metallica/Guns N Roses and ended up leaving halfway through Guns N Roses. Part of it was because it was a long ass concert, and even being a youngin', (this is back in the days when I wore fishnet stockings to concerts.... ) I was tired. But I also left partly because of Axel's scratchy voice. They started late (no surprise) and his voice sounded pretty rough. I just thought, "I could be listening to the cd right now."

I've also heard Soundgarden in concert, and Chris Cornell's beautiful voice sounded craptacular live. Still like him, but don't love him in concert. Banshee.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Oddly enough, I just saw GNR last year, well Axl & the new guys, and it was pretty good. Of course, I went in having low expectations, so maybe that's the reason.

This weekend I'm going to a concert (Sarnia Bayfest) to see

Sum 41
    Blink 182
    Barenaked Ladies
    FooFighters
    Cheap Trick

I'm really excited. The only act I'm skipping is Matthew Good because I saw him last year and he blew.

I expect to report to this thread and let you know who disappointed me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast