+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm ooooold

Here's how old I am....I've seen Queen and Loverboy live.Queen rules but Loverboy?What was Ithiking?
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hey, Loverboy put out some good stuff during the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    Anyway, here I am this lil black girl sing..." Mercedes Benz" and Carole King songs from " Tapestry" at my school and the kids looking at me like Im crazy!

*sigh* Ok..had me the Geritol
    Can you imagine a car load of long hair white boy hippies in Tennessee riding around trying to harmonize with the Chi-Lites to "Oh Girl" or "Have You Seen Her"? Turned my friends onto them and it became one of our "party" tapes!
    I still say "Oh Girl" by the Chi-Lites is one of the most beautiful songs ever!

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    Here's how old I am....I've seen Queen and Loverboy live.Queen rules but Loverboy?What was Ithiking?
    I flew on a plane from New Orleans to Vancouver with Loverboy. Okay, not with them, but on the same plane. I saw them when they checked in at NO and I knew they were a band because of their luggage, and I thought they looked familiar... but I couldn't place them until we were in Vancouver picking up our luggage.

I was too shy to ask for an autograph.

Anyways... wanna talk about old? I remember dancing to my parents' Captain & Tenille albums. I remember 8 tracks. I remember watching the Bay City Rollers every Saturday morning on the Krofft Supershow.

But ya know what? I like my age, and if growing up in the 70s and 80s means that my favourite tunes are classics, then so be it. I'd rather they be classics than has-beens.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123