+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Daddio!!!

I also just watched a Freeview on DirecTV this month with Train (one of my favorite bands) and they did a great cover of Ramble On by Led Zep

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Best: Guns N Roses: Knockin' on HEaven's door/Johnny Cash: Hurt

Worst: Any cover Avril has ever done... Knockin' on Heaven's Door.. Fuel.. Chop Suey

I really like Jonny Lang's cover of "Red Light" although I didn't know it was a cover until I read it on his website. Anyone know who did the original?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sinclair
    I really like Jonny Lang's cover of "Red Light" although I didn't know it was a cover until I read it on his website. Anyone know who did the original?
    "U2" and "Deep Blue Nothing" both have songs called Red Light - but with JL's background as a blues guitarist, it could be a traditional blues number. I havent heard it so I cant say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    "U2" and "Deep Blue Nothing" both have songs called Red Light - but with JL's background as a blues guitarist, it could be a traditional blues number. I havent heard it so I cant say for sure.
    Thanks Daddio ... if you'd like you can hear it at: http://www.jonnylang.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I absolutely HATE how this song somehow got turned into a raunchy dance club "sing along" song with everyone chanting "Get la*d!, Get Fu&%ed!" in the breaks. It was stupid when it first began in the late 80's or early 90's and it continues on to this day. I was at a bar recently and the DJ played it and actually muted the music during the breaks so that everyone could be heard screaming this juvenile stuff even louder. The majority of the crowd in the bar (early 20's) went absolutely NUTS and their chanting was deafening. Puh-lease.

I was at a baseball game over the summer where they played it and a lot of the Gen Xers in the crowd chanted it there too - and it was a day game on a Saturday afternoon and the place was full of families with kids. (granted that the guy at the stadium made a poor choice of song if he had any inclination of the chanting that was likely to take place).

I never understood this Mony Mony phenomonon.
    Uh... Yuck... I never knew they did that!! But then -- I don't go to bars-- so there ya go I guess I can still listen to the song without hideous visions of people chanting juvenile vulgarities

Has anybody heard No Doubt's version of "It's My Life" it's good!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    It's pretty alright... I think No Doubt is cool...

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Yeah, I like No Doubt's cover of Talk Talk's "ITs my life" Beside Gwen looks so beautiful in the video...I love the 30's look and decor...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Daddio, I finally got ahold of Badfinger's version of Without you....I really enjoyed it... thanks for the tip...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread