+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I enjoy Cake's version of "I Will Survive"
    I just stumbled upon this thread and it's exactly what I would include.

They did a great job of capturing the anger in the lyrics. Just love it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    And what was with what they had the nerve to call "featuring" Michelle Branch. As far as I can tell all she does is occassionnaly sing "do da da do da da" in the background or something and walk around on the street in the video looking all introspective.

Seems like a shameless cross marketing scam, created to get Michelle Branch fans to listen to (and hopefully buy) a Counting Crows CD and to also get Counting Crows Fans to (hopefully) say "Hey I liked the way that girl went do da da do da da, I think I will go out and buy one of her CD's"
    Normally I wouldn't nitpick but it was Vanessa Carlton doing the 'do da das' on BYT and not Michelle Branch. The only reason I bring it up is because I adore Michelle Branch and I cannot stand Vanessa Carlton's voice. I wish she'd walk 1000 Miles away from civilization.

I also hate that version of Big Yellow Taxi... although I hated it the first time around too.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love Emotions! DC rocks! Another pretty good cover is Have A Little Faith In Me by Mandy Moore.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    I love Emotions! DC rocks! Another pretty good cover is Have A Little Faith In Me by Mandy Moore.
    I love "Have A Little Faith In Me". Who originally sang it?

Has anyone heard the version of "Heaven" (Bryan Adams) sung by a female with a disco beat very much like "What Is Love" by Haddaway? I thought the DJ said the name was JT, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by sinclair
    Has anyone heard the version of "Heaven" (Bryan Adams) sung by a female with a disco beat very much like "What Is Love" by Haddaway? I thought the DJ said the name was JT, not sure though.
    Yeah, it's by DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring DO.

One cover I like is Goldfinger's 99 Red Balloons

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    Yeah ! I love that cover too ! And I love Mandy even more !

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Normally I wouldn't nitpick but it was Vanessa Carlton doing the 'do da das' on BYT and not Michelle Branch. The only reason I bring it up is because I adore Michelle Branch and I cannot stand Vanessa Carlton's voice. I wish she'd walk 1000 Miles away from civilization.

I also hate that version of Big Yellow Taxi... although I hated it the first time around too.
    Thank you Miss Filangi. My mistake. I tend to mistake Vanessa Carlton and Michelle Branch - not because of voice - but because they look alike. Thanks again.

BTW - I also do NOT care for the Big Yellow Taxi song either, but if you ever needed to hear a fairly palatable version, get the 'Lilith Fair' DVD. There is a version on there where all of the performers (Sarah Mac, Jewell, Indigo Girls, Meredith Brooks etc) all get up on stage and do it as a sing around. Its a decent version of a lousy song.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-23-2003 at 02:04 PM.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Great thread...
    There are a lot of great cover songs out there here are a few(okay a lot) of my favorites...
    Best (at least the ones I like )

1. "Smooth Criminal" Alien Ant Farm/Michael Jackson ( Iknow MJ thought they were making fun of him, but it was just a tribute...I love there version)

2. "At Last" Christina Aguilera/Etta James (Damn that Christina, her voice is amazing, she should be a blues singer....)

3. Strawberry Letter 23" Brothers Johnson/Shuggie Otis ( I love this song) :cool:

4. "White Lines" DuranDuran/Grandmaster Flash

5. "Mack the Knife" Bobby Darrin/Louis Armstrong

6. "Jolene" White Stripes/Dolly Parton

7. "Cold, Cold Heart" Norah Jones/Hank WIlliams Sr.

8. "Kentucky Woman" Deep Purple/Neil Diamond

9. "Fever" Elvis/PeggyLee/Little Willie Johnson (Elvis ALWAYS does good covers)

10. " Respect" Aretha Franklin/ Otis Redding (as much as I love Otis Redding, Aretha made this song HERS!)

11. "Diamonds and Rust" Judas Priest/Joan Baez (Brilliant Cover)

12. "Tainted Love" Soft Cell/Gloria Jones (Who doest love this one?)

13. "Man who sold the World" Nirvana/David Bowie

14. "We will rock you" Warrant/Queen (Warrant did a good job with this one)

15. "When Doves Cry" Barenaked Ladies/Prince (Now this is my absolute favortie song by Prince, and I really dont like BL, but the cover they made their own, it was good)

16. Ball and Chair" Janis Joplin/ BIg Mama Thornton

17. "Across the Universe" Fiona Apple/ Beatles ( I think Fiona Apple is Brilliant Period.)

Okay here are my choice for the worst covers known to man kind!

1. "I will always love you" Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton (Dolly sings this song great...I just dont like Whitney's Version.)

2. "Supicious Minds" Waylon Jennings/Elvis...(I love Waylon..but this cover is awwwwfulll)

3. Rollercoaster" Red Hot ChiliPeppers/Ohio Players (Stupid, period) :rolleyes

4. "Freebird" and "Baby I love your way" Will to Power/Lynrd Skynrd/??? ( Oh god this one is awful)

5. "Blue Monday" Orgy/New Order

6. "Lady Marmalade" Christina Aguilera,Mya,Pink,Lil Kim/Patti Labelle (I vacillate on this one.)

Hope ya enjoyed my choices..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Great choices, Talluba
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I also like Mariah Carey's version of "I still believe" orginally done by Brenda K. Starr.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread