+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

I just remembered this one. The cover of 'Two Tickets to Paradise' that was used for the theme song to Paradise Hotel was pretty bad

Christina's version of "At Last" is a very good tribute to Etta James.

How about Britney torturing "Like a Virgin",she is definetly the most overrated,overexsposed,non-talented "star" out there.Even Jessica Simpson sings circles around her.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    How about Britney torturing "Like a Virgin",she is definetly the most overrated,overexsposed,non-talented "star" out there.Even Jessica Simpson sings circles around her.

Although I don't like Jessica Simpson either, she does sing better than Brittney.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i liked the Johnny Cash remake of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt"- it was a complete 180 from the original...

every Halloween, Phish (dresses up) and covers a famous album- the best and my fav was the Beattles "White Album". absolutely amazing- they took some liberties with some lyrics and rifts- but i can never tire of listening to that show...

My favorite is Everclear's version of "Brown Eyed Girl." I also like Cake's "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps," and Weezer's "Mrs. Robinson."

I think everyone else has listed most of the ones I hate--except No Doubt's "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da." *shudders*
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Although I don't like Jessica Simpson either, she does sing better than Brittney.
    I agree,she's an idiot trying to prove now that she's not an idiot,but she can sing,even though she's an idiot....I hope IT was worth it for Nick to wait

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by william8686
    Here are some worst covers that I think should never be made.
    3. Counting Crows - Big yellow taxi
    I hate that cover too william8686.

And what was with what they had the nerve to call "featuring" Michelle Branch. As far as I can tell all she does is occassionnaly sing "do da da do da da" in the background or something and walk around on the street in the video looking all introspective.

Seems like a shameless cross marketing scam, created to get Michelle Branch fans to listen to (and hopefully buy) a Counting Crows CD and to also get Counting Crows Fans to (hopefully) say "Hey I liked the way that girl went do da da do da da, I think I will go out and buy one of her CD's"

Does anyone know if they are on the same label or label family?

To quote Jed Clampett "Pit-i-ful, Pit-i-ful"

FORT Fogey
    I dont care much for Mariah Carey's new cover of Def Leppards "Bringing on the Heartbreak"

I love all of the covers Elvis did at the end of his career. He covered eeverything and everybody and always made the songs his own.

FORT Fogey
    Four Non-Blondes do a GREAT cover of 'Misty Mountain Hop' on the Led Zep tribute Album 'Enconium'.

There is also a great cover of "Going to California" on that CD, I cant remember the singers name tho.

Heart does a great take on Zep's "Rock and Roll" on one of their live albums.

I guess Robert Plants voice just really translates well to female pipes.

I saw Melissa Etheridge in concert totally rock out on AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long". I dont think its on any CD's tho.

+ Reply to Thread