+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I think the worst cover is Bringing on the Heartbreak by Mariah Carey. You can hardly understand her because she's singing so soft, and she doesn't hold a note for more than a second.

WORST COVER SONG EVER: Anything sung by the Kidz Bop Kids. I hate those albums and those stupid commercials advertising it... they just absolutely torture the songs.

BEST COVER SONG EVER: Well, I didn't listen to any cover song and say 'wow that's the BEST cover EVER!' but I do like how Yellowcard covered Michelle Branch's "Everywhere" (Sounds like Blink 182 kind of song), and how Norah Jones covered "I've Got To See You Again" (Forgot who was the original artist... Billie Holiday, right?)

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Anything remade by Britney Spears. She messed up Cher's "And The Beat Goes On", Rolling Stone's "Satisfaction" (I don't think she should of touched that song, I think its one of the greatest rocks songs of all time) and Joan Jett's "I Love Rock N' Roll". She literally butchered them all.

And the best cover to me is: Destiny's Child version of "Emotions", which is better than the original, I think. But I like Destiny's Child soooo much so thats probably why, but it is a great remake.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Yeah, Mr. Obvious, Yellowcard's cover of "Everywhere" is just awesome! Waaay better than the original version. And have you heard The Starting Line's cover of "I'm Real" by J-lo/Ja Rule, its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe739
    Waaay better than the original version.
    Michelle's version was still very good. Compared to Michelle's version, I like Michelle's a lot better. More catchy.

Oh I love that Destiny's Child cover of "Emotions". I always used to turn up the volume every time it played on radio.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Oh I love that Destiny's Child cover of "Emotions". I always used to turn up the volume every time it played on radio.
    I love that one too. I bought a CD just because I wanted that song.

Man this is a hard topic... so many good.... so many bad...

For starters , I LOVE the Ataris doing "Boys of Summer"!

Good:
    Orgy "blue monday", GNR "Live and Let Die",Cake "I Will Survive", Limp revolting "Faith" (about the last good thing they did), and here's a REAL shocker.... NKOTB's Joey doing "I'll Be There" , it may sound crazy and may not be the Jackson 5 but better than Mariah IMO, plus Alien Ant Farm's "smooth criminal" was cool for a while

Bad:
    Madonna... Please leave "american pie" as is.... That one deserves to be cherished, not deflowered
    all Britney wannabe rock covers, Sheryl Crow "sweet child o mine"

also, i think clay should have "unchained melody" on his album... did you hear the way he showed guarini up doing it on Idol? and a lil side note, I like the BeeGees doin Emotions best

I just heard the Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross remake of "Endless Love," and while it sounded fine, I was a bit surprised when I heard it wasn't the original by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie. Yes, on reflection, the voices were a little different. But the arrangement was so similar as to be almost karaoke. Couldn't help thinking, "Why bother?"

When someone has a real classic version of a song, I don't mind everyone else doing their version on their albums, but it kind of bums me out when radio stations start playing the 'imitators' -- wannabes who sing essentially the same version and don't sound any better than the original or standard version -- and STOP playing the original classic.

For example, unless I hear an arrangement that's really different, I can't imagine any reason to substitute a 1990s or 2000s cover of "Pretty Woman" for Roy Orbison's original or of "Satisfaction" for The Rolling Stones'.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I really like Destiny's Child version of Emotions... It was great... !

As many people already mentioned in this thread; Guns N Roses 'Live and Let Die' is a great cover. I also like Their cover of 'Knockin on Heaven's Door'.

I also have to agree with many of the other posters that Sheryl Crow's 'Sweet Child of Mine' is pretty dreadful

+ Reply to Thread