+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

Celine Dion-I Drove All Night..UGGH!!!!
    Elvis-Bridge Over Troubled Water...Love it!!!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Best cover ever: Tori Amos doing Leonard Cohen's "Famous Blue Raincoat". Achingly beautiful.

Worst cover ever: William Shatner's torturous rendition of the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". Just aching. Will make your ears bleed.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Travis also did a cover of Baby One More Time that made me realize how ridiculous the lyrics were. Unfortunately they did not play it when I saw them.
    Dynamite Hacks (?) version of Boyz-N-The Hood really annoyed me a couple of years ago. It destroyed the meaning of the original by Eazy-E to a new generation of kids who didn't know what they were talking about.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Here are some worst covers that I think should never be made.

1. Atomic Kitten - The tide is high / Eternal Flame ( yucks)
    2. Britney Spears - I can get no satisfaction
    3. Counting Crows - Big yellow taxi

Are are some okay covers
    1. Richard x vs Liberty x - Being nobody
    2. Andy Williams and Denise Van Outen - Can't take my eyes off you
    3. Dj Sammy - Heaven/ Boys of Summer
    4. Sugababes - Shape

Still in consideration:
    1. Ruben Struddard - Flying without wings
    2. Gareth Gates - Unchained melody
    All good things come to an end.

What?! CÚline Dion's cover of "I Drove All Night" was awesome! FAR, FAR better than the previous versions by Orbison and Lauper.

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks' "Landslide." Again, much better than the original.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Travis also did a cover of Baby One More Time that made me realize how ridiculous the lyrics were. Unfortunately they did not play it when I saw them.
    Dynamite Hacks (?) version of Boyz-N-The Hood really annoyed me a couple of years ago. It destroyed the meaning of the original by Eazy-E to a new generation of kids who didn't know what they were talking about.
    You know, when I said that it was Weezer, I think I was mistaken. When I dl'ed it, it was labeled as Weezer, but you know how people always screw that up. So you and I are thinking of the same song.

And actually, I thought that the Dynamite Hacks (? from me too) version was hilarious. Did you see the video? It was totally tongue-in-cheek. I know what you're saying about it screwing up the message, but man - I was crying with laughter when I saw the video.

I enjoy Cake's version of "I Will Survive"
    Who shot who in the what now?

So do I. I think I even like it better than Gloria Gaynor's version. Who knew that changing one little word would make such a difference?

But then again, I have the mind of an adolescent boy.

Our Lady Peace - Imagine....freakin' painful!!!!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'm not a huge fan of cover songs. However, the WORST cover song in history has to be the latest remake of Def Leppard's "Bringing on the Heartache" by Mariah Carey Is anything sacred??
    Gawd, that IS a HORRID cover! It was the first song I thought of when I read the thread title!

I agree about BS's cover of "Satisfaction" sucking too! I don't know who thought that was a good idea...

Some of the covers mentioned, I haven't heard (thankfully, as they sound just dreadful!)

I don't like Cake's version of "I Will Survive"
    And there is also a cover of "Faith" that I don't like either. I'm not sure who it's by. Not that it matters, b/c I didn't really care for the original either.

I don't like the Atari's cover of "Boys of Summer" either.

I agree with Mantenna about RHCP's cover of "Higher Ground" & G'n R's cover of "Live & Let Die" - both excellent.
    Van Halen's cover of "You Really Got Me" rocks out too!

You know what really sucks, is when an artist decides to re-make an old hit of theirs to try & "update" it, & they ruin it. That's a real drag. David Bowie did that with "Rebel, Rebel" & it sucks ass. He should have left it alone.

I can go on for days about this topic, so I will just shut up now!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread