+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Worst/Best Cover Song?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Worst/Best Cover Song?

One of my favorites: "Sacrifice" by Sinead O'Connor (originally by Elton John). Just beautiful.

I heard a great cover today and thought of this thread - Metallica's version of Queen's Stone Cold Crazy is great. But then again, pretty much all songs covered by Metallica turn out well - Turn the Page, Whiskey in a Jar, Last Caress

Worst Cover Ever: Jessica Simpson's Take My Breath Away. Just. Awful.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;2429809;
    Worst Cover Ever: Jessica Simpson's Take My Breath Away. Just. Awful.
    After reading post after post talking about how bad this cover is, I finally downloaded it. Apparently I've been living in a Jessica Simpson-free bubble, and after listening to the song, I'll continue to live that way. Pretty bad.

westlife/delta goodrem - "All out of love"

the song was bad enough, but then they made it even worse.

FORT Newbie

I love the Dan Band's cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on Old School. Its hilarious and much better than the original.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Patti Smith's new CD "Twelve" has eleven great covers. (I still can't tolerate the "Boy in the Bubble" song, no matter who sings it.)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2376562;
    You're talking about Eva Cassidy
    I don't think so. I'm a big Eva Cassidy fan and I don't recall her covering Knockin' on Heaven's Door, or Imagine for that matter.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'm not as impressed as everyone else seems to be with Carrie Underwood's cover of I'll Stand by You. My opinion is no doubt colored by my affection for the original version.

A cover I did enjoy was Ludacris' Georgia which includes a sample from Ray Charles. Not a true cover, but I enjoyed it just the same.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think the best cover song is the one marilyn manson did of sweet dreams.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2432780;
    I think the best cover song is the one marilyn manson did of sweet dreams.
    Ooh I forgot about that one! It is brilliant; so dark and haunting.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2432118;
    I don't think so. I'm a big Eva Cassidy fan and I don't recall her covering Knockin' on Heaven's Door, or Imagine for that matter.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'm not as impressed as everyone else seems to be with Carrie Underwood's cover of I'll Stand by You. My opinion is no doubt colored by my affection for the original version.

A cover I did enjoy was Ludacris' Georgia which includes a sample from Ray Charles. Not a true cover, but I enjoyed it just the same.
    No youre not the only one.. I am not a huge Carrie fan at all, and I AM a huge Chrissie Hynd fan.. I felt she sang that song much like she is on stage.. wooden.

That being saig.. I had very serious issues with Turn The Page when Metallica did it.. the video alone made me cringe. I like that song and felt they stank it up on that one!

Madonna's American Pie would with out a doubt be one of the worst however.. she has such talent and has shown such range ofer the years but her version of a classic.. very bad doesnt even begin on talking about it.

As far as some of the best...
    I love my BTE, and their verson of Laid by James.. was dead on.. Kevin is the man!
    Sweet Jane coverd by Cowboy Junkies, wow is all I can say, Margos voice is so haunting. Higher Ground by the Chili Peppers and Nirviana's Man Who Sold The World are 2 of my faves as far as covers go. I would have to put Johnny Cash's Hurt on top he took a highly emotional song and punched every single one of Trents emotions up!
    Last edited by FireWoman; 06-09-2007 at 07:18 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread