+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Songs

Wedding Songs

For those amongst you who are married - or those of you who are just really organized and already have it picked out - what was/will be your wedding song?

Most of my friends have chosen really bad ones. What about all of you? Married people: Did you pick it because it was special to the two of you, or did you just think it was a pretty tune? Are you still happy with it in retrospect, or do you wish you could go back in time and pick differently? Unmarried people: Why do you want the one you want?

Oh this is a fun topic aj! Now I'm assuming you are asking what wedding song we used for the first dance?

My husband and I used "We Are In Love" by Harry Connick, Jr.

When we started dating, I mentioned I always wanted to learn how to swing dance, and he said he did too! I was shocked because he is a somewhat quiet 6'5" tall guy. But we took lessons anyway. And it was a great way to get to know one another!

So when it came time to decide on our song to dance to, we were determined to swing dance on the first song and use this fantabulous song. Most of my friends were skeptical of the idea, but when we did it we got a standing ovation and people still talk about it to this day.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I used to work at a golf course where we would cater many weddings. We had a couple use 'We Are In Love' and I thought it was absolutely the coolest song.

My sister and her fiance are contemplating using Spirit of the West, Home for a Rest for their wedding song... it's also really upbeat, but suits them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Mine was 'Years From Now', by Dr. Hook

edited to add:

It was picked because it was a favourite of mine. Our 'song' was by Kiss, and not exactly appropriate for a wedding so we had to pick another. lol

In retrospect, I wish I had picked a song that I didn't like so much. Seeing how we've now been separated for a few years and aren't exactly the best of friends, a great song has been sullied forever.

Note to self: Next wedding play something by Vanilla Ice

I think Id like the goo Goo Dolls- "Iris" to play at my wedding. Its just so romantic. Maybe im crazy.
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

FORT Fogey
    I can't remember our wedding song, but our "song" is "Don't Change" by Musiq Soulchild (unfortunately it hadn't come out by the time we got married). If you haven't heard this song you need to!

We had quite the problem when I got married, I was in favor of "Somebody" by Depeche Mode and the husband wanted "Another Lonely Christmas" by Prince (which was just NOT wedding material). Turns out neither of us, but my mother in fact won the debate by having all Vivaldi playing instead. Probably a good idea in the end maybe if I do it again I'll end up getting my way with somebody who fits my song a little better anyhow.

FORT Fogey
    I am a wedding coordinator so I hear lots of songs but I think mine would have to come from one of the following

I will be here - Steven Curtis Chapman
    I could not ask for more- Edwin McCain
    It is you- Dana Glover
    I'll go there with you- Steve Curtis Chapman
    I'll Be - edwin McCain
    Love Profound - Susan Ashton
    color of my love - Celeine Dion

Taz
    Great choices, firegirl.

ill be is one of my fav. songs
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

+ Reply to Thread