+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite albums

Your favorite albums

Ahem...I apologize if this is already in here, but my tired eyes didn't see it anywhere.

But anyway, this should make for some good discussion: What are your favorite albums and why?

One CD I love and don't leave home without is "Ok Computer" by Radiohead. It's one of those rare albums that doesn't have a single bad song on it, and you can put it in, listen to the whole thing from beginning to end, and become completely drawn in! Great stuff!

I really love my Buddy Jewell album....

It hasn't stopped spinning in my cd player since I bought it. I love him & his music & thought he was a very very deserving winner of Nashville Star, & his album has become a favorite in my cd collection.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Fade to black
    Oh great idea for a thread! I would definitely rank OK Computer up there.

Some that are high on my list.

Duncan Sheik, Barely Breathing
    Pearl Jam, Ten
    Evanescence, Fallen
    Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
    The Beatles, Abbey Road
    The Doors, The Doors
    Led Zeppelin, IV
    Micheal Jackson, Thriller (laugh if you will, but I think it's great still)
    Nirvana, Nevermind
    Prince, Purple Rain
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

This is toughie, because I have eclectic tastes and love different albums at different times.

However, I could not live without these three albums:
    1. The Beatle's "White Album"
    2. Tori Amos' "Little Earthquakes"
    3. Squeeze's "East Side Story"
    These three albums have personal significance to me.

(BTW, I also love OK Computer--my husband lost my CD a few months ago, and I was ready to throttle him!)
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fade to black
    I almost put up "White Album" - it was a tough call to pick just one Beatles.

Tori rocks.

Now I have to go check out Squeeze.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I was almost going to put up "Abbey Road" but I figured may as well go for the double album as a two-fer! I'm a big Beatles' fan, so choosing among their albums is like deciding which child of yours to save from a sinking ship.

I also love Amy Mann's "I'm with Stupid"
    And the soundtrack to "Boogie Nights"
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fade to black
    If you like Aimee Mann, then you probably like the Magnolia soundtrack (another one of my favs, ironically directed by the director of Boogie Nights, P.T. Anderson)

I have all of Aimee Mann's albums. I'm enjoying the latest one right now. I think she's brilliant, a cutting lyricist and musical crafts(wo)man. Her husband, Michael Penn, did the score and appeared in Anderson's "Boogie Nights" (you might remember him mixing Reed & Dirk's "Feel the Heat").

edited for idiotic typo

Aja by Steely Dan
    Come on Come on by Mary Chapin Carpenter
    Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen

that's it, my biggest problem with many albums is I often don't like at least a thrid to half of the songs.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk
    I don't know what it is about that CD. I just love it. Its been in my CD player sense it came out last year. I like how the album tells a story.

Another album that's constantly in my CD player is
    Better Than Ezra - How Dose Your Garden Grow.
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast