Evanescence have displaced R Kelly at number one in the Official UK Singles Chart with their single 'Bring Me Back To Life', making them the first American rock act to top the chart since Limp Bizkit over two years ago.

Electric Six's 'Gay Bar', the follow-up to their number two hit in January charted this week at number five, followed by Shania Twain's 'Forever and For Always' which entered at number six.

Elsewhere One True Voice cannot be too happy with their number ten new entry for their second single 'Shakespeare's Way With Words', falling far short of tabloid-rivals Girls Aloud's last single entry at number two.

The remaining entries inside the top 20 were Marilyn Manson's 'mOBSCENE' at number 13, Melanie C's 'On The Horizon' at 14 and IIO's 'At The End' at number 20.

Meanwhile in the albums chart, Stereophonics' latest long-player, 'You Gotta Go There To Come Back' entered the chart at number one, S Club 7's retrospective 'Best' entered at number two and old-metalers Metallica at number three.

Quoted from dotmusic.com

I say, the haunting melodies of bring me to life really makes it a formidable contender!! Three cheers