Thread: The Challenge: Rivals III - Season 28

Re: The Challenge: Rivals III - Season 28

I love your use of wrestling terms.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

FORT Fogey

Bananas is a legend.

I did find it hysterical that the skanks actually were self aware enough to realize that there were more of them then the veterans. The trouble is even if the vets hate each other they know how to work together as obviously the skanks do not.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I love your use of wrestling terms.
    Well, I am a fan of pro wrestling. You've caught me.
    Amy Lee likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

One of my sibs was visiting as I was rewatching the challenge and he watched some of Bananas confessions. My sib has never watched this show and didn't know who Bananas was. I asked him what did he think and he replied, "what an ahole" but that he wasn't surprised as that seems to be the personality traits he sees a lot with all the kids that graduate from high school and college.

Probably explains why they're trying to make Bananas the face of their show; I know I'm probably not the target audience, so they try to target younger viewers by picking somebody who reflects their personality traits and values. Unfortunately, I think those people also don't watch MTV.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Probably explains why they're trying to make Bananas the face of their show; I know I'm probably not the target audience, so they try to target younger viewers by picking somebody who reflects their personality traits and values. Unfortunately, I think those people also don't watch MTV.
    I don't think they're trying to make him the top face of the show. I just think he has a certain appeal to the challenges and they keep him around. He's the most known cast member at this point.
    He might be acting like s hypocritical crybaby but I still enjoy him being on the show.

I don't know, though. If you ask different people who they think the face of The Challenge is, they usually pick CT or Bananas, but Bananas has been invited to compete on a lot more seasons recently, 8 of the last 9 to be exact, as opposed to CT, who has only been in 5 of the past 9 as a competitor. I don't think anybody has been in more Challenges in such a short period of time as Bananas, and that kind of exposure makes him the de facto face of the show, even though CT is the one people think of when it comes to winning Challenges and elimination rounds.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Thing is even if you are invited you may not want to participate at that particular time that they have to film. It's amazing anyone can keep a job when they are off filming for 6 weeks twice a year.

Bananas has made attending and winning The Challenges his full time job so I understand why he commits to every Challenge. That and his mom lets him live in her basement. It took a lot longer for other folks to figure it out and other folks also have other jobs and or companies they are trying to start so they have different motivations to be on the show and in regards to training and preparing for the show. Lets face it the younger crowd looks at it as a chance to get some Jersey Shore type fame and money and they are all about the drama.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-08-2016 at 05:36 PM.

But Johnny is not "good" at Challenges but he's good with getting the others to not vote him in or to vote others in so he gets to the end. Sarah should cut her losses and not waste her time.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

+ Reply to Thread