+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

FORT Fanatic

The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

I had heard that production is supposed to be starting this month for the new Real World season and it's back in Vegas again, for the third time. They were just there a few years ago, you think they could have went somewhere else? I don't know what the final exact title of the season is going to be, since they have been doing those stupid gimmick type of seasons lately. Does anyone else have more info about this season?
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

Good to hear they will be back soon!!!
    KAREN

Boom Bazooka Joe! Endless Flight Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I don't like the Vegas Idea though. I know they're probably doing it because the show is on it's last legs.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

FORT Fanatic

-- The Real World 31 cast must do Road Rules-style challenges to stay

Most of The Real World season 31 cast have been identified, as has this season’s twist, “go big or go home,” which apparently involves challenges that the cast must complete to stay on the show. In other words, it sounds like the show is borrowing from its spin-off, Road Rules.

Filming in Las Vegas actually began Friday, despite MTV’s announcement saying it started Monday, and the cast was immediately presented with a choice: jump out of a hot air balloon or leave. That’s according to Vevmo Real World’s forums, which has a summary of everything they know about the season. That includes:

Five members of the seven-person cast have been identified by Vevmo users, via social media and photos of them actually in Las Vegas: Christopher Ammon, Sabrina Kennedy, Dione Mariani, Kailah Casillas, and CeeJai Jenkins. The “go big or go home” twist was identified and named by a user who goes by PinkRose, who wrote, “You have to earn your spot every week if not someone else will replace[you], it’s go big or go home.” The cast also went to a haunted house Tuesday night. The men were spotted in drag at a nightclub. TotesVegas has been posting photos of the cast being filmed.

If this holds as the season’s only twist, and the producers don’t end up ambushing the cast or replacing departed cast members with people who will create conflict, I actually find it to be a decent twist. It’s one that could infuse some life into the franchise—though of course it’s very far away from the original point of the show. Then again, in its later seasons, Road Rules devolved into a Real World-style mess, so it’s not a huge stretch to bring elements of that show back into the show that spawned it.

But of course, as someone who is nostalgic for early reality television, I’d rather see MTV and Bunim-Murray just bring back original Road Rules.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like the twist. I'm in!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I don't like the Vegas Idea though. I know they're probably doing it because the show is on it's last legs.
    Hasn't it been on it's last legs for awhile I don't watch anymore, to me the show is done. This season sounds more like Big Brother

Instead of doing all these gimmicky things like they have been doing....why not try casting REAL PEOPLE? Like enough with the whores and the guys with perfect 6 pack abs. Go back to what worked to begin with. Cast people a few years older who actually have their sh*t together. Worth a try....I'd watch.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 01-07-2016 at 08:49 AM.

FORT Fanatic

momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005 View Post
    THANKS, Aaron!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Site is up. 1 minute trailer can be found there as well as cast bios

Real World: Go Big or Go Home | Season 31 Episodes (TV Series) | MTV

+ Reply to Thread