+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

The real world increasingly seems like its video quality is that of a 90's VHS camcorder. You can now see camera operators, etc in shots as well. It is like BMP doesn't even bother. They let interns and workfare employees put the seasons together I think.

FORT Fanatic

Ceejai's leaving the bathroom door open was disgusting.

I've swung back to being entirely annoyed by Jenna. I was VERY glad that Chris told her that she needs to take control and say NO if she doesn't want to do something. Failure to take personal responsibility is a HUGE peeve of mine. She is trying to lay full blame for what happened at the strip club at the feet of Ceejai (and for some reason Kailah). If she was entirely opposed to the idea of being "danced on" then she could have (1) not gone to the strip club or (2) said NO when the guy grabbed her hand. If she had stood her ground, Chris would have noticed and backed her up. And that's aside from the fact that her (no-labels?) boyfriend seems like a pouty baby. I'm guessing they aren't going to kick her off the show since she can't participate due to doctor's orders.

Dione and Kailah need to have a grown up conversation about their current situation so they can go on being friends without the awkward weirdness. People shouldn't be allowed to have sex until they are mature enough to carry on a conversation about it.

I was bummed we didn't see more about Sabrina's personal challenge. Maybe the PIs need some time to do their investigation?

Was Dean even present this week? I didn't even notice seeing him until the preview for the next episode.

It was nice to see Ceejai feeling so loved on her birthday.

So far I like Chris more with each episode. Although I am annoyed with Jenna, it seems like he's the only one who really takes time to listen to what she has to say. He's very inclusive. I don't think he looks like a Chris. He should have a cooler name, but something hippie-ish. Like River or Flint or Talon. Maybe Thorne.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-01-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Jenna - Her "black people are okay if they are the right kind of black people" and "one of my best friends is gay, but what they do is disgusting" attitude is tiresome. And why does she keep referring to atheism as a religion? What has she been taught all her life?? I am mildly curious what she means when she says stuff that implies the "southern girl" in her is gonna come out like everyone should be terrified. She's about as terrifying as a newborn kitten.

Dione is icky.

I thought it was really telling when Kailah commented that Dione was treating her like she might treat someone. Maybe she will have second thoughts before doing this in the future? Now if only someone would treat Dione like that...

Glad Sabrina did not get seriously injured on that blob thing. Her fall looked like it really hurt. I wonder if there is any way to get control of your body direction in the air?

I don't know about Dean. He seems pretty harmless, but in a way he seems almost predatory toward Jenna and I'm not wild about that.

I continue to like Ceejai and Chris.
    Amy Lee likes this.

FORT Fanatic

The last few episodes have had their fair share of irritating moments including that disgusting Amanda 'Please', CeeJai's excessive rants, and Chris still walking around in his underwear.

I did not like Amanda 'Please' at all. She was completely obnoxious and so slathered with makeup that I'm not sure I would recognize her without it.

I didn't think of CeeJai's "rants" as excessive. I appreciate that she is passionate about issues that she believes in and can speak to them articulately. Although, it's entirely possible I'm forgetting a more "ranty-rant" of hers.

Jenna was driving me crazy walking around telling people that the new guy was "totally in love with me!" when she had known him for about 5 minutes. IF he did tell her he was in love with her after less than 24 hours, shouldn't that signal to her that he's less than sincere?? Especially when he was making out with Kailah on the side...
    Amy Lee likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I was referring to CeeJai's rant concerning when Dean got mad, and trying to make it into some big type of racial issue when there wasn't a basis for that.

Kailah was ready to sleep with Dylan right when first meeting him. lol She should try to control her hormones a little.

I don't think Jenna's malicious so much as she's dumb, dumb, duuuuuumb and got raised by close-minded parents.

Seriously, though, with the possible exception of that one girl with long blonde hair whose name I forget (is it Sabrina?), this whole cast is a trainwreck in one way or another. Where do the people who cast this show find such lower life forms?
    ClosetRTWatcher and Lonnie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I was referring to CeeJai's rant concerning when Dean got mad, and trying to make it into some big type of racial issue when there wasn't a basis for that.
    I actually thought she was justified. Dean may have raised his voice, but I didn't think he was behaving in a particularly threatening manner. JMO, but I do think young black men have to be more careful in how they present themselves in order to avoid the "angry black man" label.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Kailah was ready to sleep with Dylan right when first meeting him. lol She should try to control her hormones a little.
    She could definitely end up with fewer regrets in life if she took more than 24 hours to get to know a guy's character before getting intimate with them!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-18-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    Amy Lee likes this.

Wow. Jenna makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I cannot imagine how difficult it could be dealing with her day in and day out. She is SO COMPLETELY unwilling to take any personal responsibility for her actions!! That comment that her friend made about "picking cotton" was horribly racist. Jenna may not have said it, but she LAUGHED and went right along with it. I do wonder if the final altercation would have happened if Chris and Dione had been there. I do think they *may* have been more quick to intervene if they had seen it coming.

My final thoughts on this group.

Dione - Overall he seems like a good guy. He might make better life choices if he didn't drink quite so much. I can't imagine living his lifestyle though. He doesn't seem to have the slightest bit of ambition.

Chris - Another good guy. He seems like he's just trying to find his place in the world. He Could wear clothes a little more.

Dean - Yet another good guy. His comment that he never felt like an attractive person until he was in high school made me sad. And yet, I can understand that many people in our society would feel like this when they don't fit the pop-culture ideal of beauty.

Dylan - I honestly don't know if he is a good guy. We didn't see much of him. As much as I don't care for Jenna, his attitude at the end of the show was very off-putting. NO ONE bought his story about being an "evil genius" from the beginning who was out to ruin her. What complete BS. Why did he feel this story was necessary? And then there was the post-show commentary where he said they had hooked up. If they did, then he's a douche for going that direction after claiming he was trying to ruin her on the show. If they didn't, then he's a douche for lying to make her look bad.

Sabrina - Nice girl. She came off very well on the show. Low drama. I'm glad the meeting with her mom worked out well. I cannot imagine how awkward that would be. You could really see the family resemblance between them!

Kailah - Although she can have an attitude, I think at heart she's a nice person. I'm so glad she turned Dylan down. I hope in the future she takes a little more time with her decision making when it comes to guys.

Ceejai - She is passionate and I like that about her. I think it really said A LOT that everyone in the house felt like she was a mother figure. She has had a hard life, but it has made her self aware and that will serve her well in life. She may have made a poor choice hitting Jenna, but at least she took responsibility and was respectful to the staff when the decision was made that she had to leave.

Jenna - She denied responsibility to the end. She claimed not to be responsible for making out with Dylan because she was drunk. Then she claimed to not be responsible for attacking Ceejai because she was drunk. I do not believe that she didn't remember. I personally thin she uses drinking as an excuse. IF it was actually true that she didn't remember these things, then I hope she very soon looks at this pattern of behavior and realizes that maybe she shouldn't drink so much that she gets herself into these situations. It is NOT NORMAL to drink so much that you blackout!! I do wonder if her friend Austin believed her and forgave her. I'm very glad I do not have a Jenna in my life.
    Amy Lee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast