Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

Re: The Real World: Las Vegas(2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005 View Post
    Site is up. 1 minute trailer can be found there as well as cast bios

Real World: Go Big or Go Home | Season 31 Episodes (TV Series) | MTV
    Thanks Aaron!!!

Well it's looks like yet another very dysfunctional RW season and I just cant't wait until the season STARTS!!!!

KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Season premiere is tonight, followed by a meet the cast special at 11pm/10c. Not sure why the special is airing after the premiere
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005 View Post
    Season premiere is tonight, followed by a meet the cast special at 11pm/10c. Not sure why the special is airing after the premiere

KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was really looking forward to the new season of Real World --- I've seen every single one of them since the very 1st one. BUT NOW, OMG, I watched the "meet the castmates" pre-show, and realized that all the castmates they've chosen seem to be waaaaay over the top extraverts and show offs -- super-opinionated hard heads, who are CERTAIN to seriously conflict with each other. The whole show will become one huge brawl.

I'm done with Real World. Too bad, too, cause it was really engaging in the past. Now, since the first Las Vegas cast, it's become Real World 2.0 --- and it'll probably be very popular, but not for me.

FORT Fanatic

Brooklyn was the last season I watched all of. St. Thomas was the last season I could even make it through the first episode. This season was a record for me--I couldn't even make it through the first 15 minutes. Turning the Real World into the pre-Challenges is a mistake. This cast, however, is insufferable.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Brooklyn was the last season I watched all of. St. Thomas was the last season I could even make it through the first episode. This season was a record for me--I couldn't even make it through the first 15 minutes. Turning the Real World into the pre-Challenges is a mistake. This cast, however, is insufferable.
    Sadly, I think the 'Challenge' franchise reflects the lowest common denominator that many (most?) of our young people have become. Their unquenchable thirst for more and more adrenalin, sex, addictive substances, over-the-top-drama, and their obsession with celebrity, pop culture, material goods -- all at the expense of working hard toward intellectual and educational pursuits and improving their lives and our planet. They're snubbing their nose at the virtues so badly needed to move people forward, in a healthy way -- Very, very sad, for them and for all of us.
    Declan likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Sadly, I think the 'Challenge' franchise reflects the lowest common denominator that many (most?) of our young people have become. Their unquenchable thirst for more and more adrenalin, sex, addictive substances, over-the-top-drama, and their obsession with celebrity, pop culture, material goods -- all at the expense of working hard toward intellectual and educational pursuits and improving their lives and our planet. They're snubbing their nose at the virtues so badly needed to move people forward, in a healthy way -- Very, very sad, for them and for all of us.
    To an extent I suppose you may be right. The Real World ratings are horrible. I think this premiere's overnights were around 550K viewers when even as recently as Brooklyn it was average around twice that. They must not be canning RW & The Challenges for nostalgia because the production costs cannot be cheap like Teen Mom and they do not pull in near the ratings of some of the scripted stuff
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I have watched episodes 1 & 2, but I haven't finished the "meet the roommates" episode yet. I really don't know why I keep watching this show...

CeeJai & Dean seem to be (by far) the most grounded of the bunch.

Chris I think is the guy with the weird beard. I tend to forget about him. However, when they had to do the drag mission I liked his perspective when he said he was completely uncomfortable, but he wanted to put an effort in so he didn't look like he was making fun of people who actually live this lifestyle. I kind of thought that was how Dean ended up looking in his "church lady" dress.

Jenna I think I will not like, but we will see. She doesn't make sense with her "I'm super Mormon and against gay marriage, but I'll kiss a girl" attitude. Maybe she's just confused? I was also horrified that she didn't see anything wrong with telling CeeJai and Dean that she doesn't have a problem with black people "like them", but where she's from black people are awful. Ummmm, seriously!? I do wonder if she's just ignorant. It seems plausible that she's only been exposed to one way of thinking, so she doesn't understand how she comes off to people from other places... maybe...?

Sabrina I like. She struck me as quite abrasive in the beginning, but I like her "what you see is what you get" personality. I like that she seems to be not willing to lose a friendship with Kailah over the "challenge" of Dione.

Dione is drama and a hypocrite. He sat there and told the producers that he was not interested in Kailah and Sabrina and that he wasn't the type to get drunk and do something like that. Then seemingly the same day he got drunk and made out with both of them and then was like "oops, didn't remember". What an a$$hat.

Kailah is right, she's a bee-yotch. She seems like the kind of girl who is a lot of fun *if* you are on her good side. HOWEVER, her yelling at Jenna at the end of this last episode was absurd. She seriously thought it was okay for her to get it on with Jenna in the same room and that Jenna didn't have a right to think that was awkward!?!? I'm kinda looking forward to Dione's GF coming to visit just to see if she's a match for Kailah.

I like that they have individual missions in addition to the group missions. I hope that Sabrina's goes well and gives her some positive closure.
    momrek06 and Declan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have watched episodes 1 & 2, but I haven't finished the "meet the roommates" episode yet. I really don't know why I keep watching this show...

CeeJai & Dean seem to be (by far) the most grounded of the bunch.

Chris I think is the guy with the weird beard. I tend to forget about him. However, when they had to do the drag mission I liked his perspective when he said he was completely uncomfortable, but he wanted to put an effort in so he didn't look like he was making fun of people who actually live this lifestyle. I kind of thought that was how Dean ended up looking in his "church lady" dress.

Jenna I think I will not like, but we will see. She doesn't make sense with her "I'm super Mormon and against gay marriage, but I'll kiss a girl" attitude. Maybe she's just confused? I was also horrified that she didn't see anything wrong with telling CeeJai and Dean that she doesn't have a problem with black people "like them", but where she's from black people are awful. Ummmm, seriously!? I do wonder if she's just ignorant. It seems plausible that she's only been exposed to one way of thinking, so she doesn't understand how she comes off to people from other places... maybe...?

Sabrina I like. She struck me as quite abrasive in the beginning, but I like her "what you see is what you get" personality. I like that she seems to be not willing to lose a friendship with Kailah over the "challenge" of Dione.

Dione is drama and a hypocrite. He sat there and told the producers that he was not interested in Kailah and Sabrina and that he wasn't the type to get drunk and do something like that. Then seemingly the same day he got drunk and made out with both of them and then was like "oops, didn't remember". What an a$$hat.

Kailah is right, she's a bee-yotch. She seems like the kind of girl who is a lot of fun *if* you are on her good side. HOWEVER, her yelling at Jenna at the end of this last episode was absurd. She seriously thought it was okay for her to get it on with Jenna in the same room and that Jenna didn't have a right to think that was awkward!?!? I'm kinda looking forward to Dione's GF coming to visit just to see if she's a match for Kailah.

I like that they have individual missions in addition to the group missions. I hope that Sabrina's goes well and gives her some positive closure.
    WOW, thanks, CRTW, for this review.

I needed this.

I have only seen EPI 1.

I did not even watch the "Meet the Roommates" epi yet. Which how weird to be on AFTER Epi 1 was aired. Oh well.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    KAREN

Kailah, respect your self and work on your self-esteem.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast