+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Challenge: Season 26

FORT Fanatic

The Challenge: Season 26

The next challenge has begun filming. On August 7th, 26 people departed for Panama to compete in the latest season of the challenge, which appears to be Battle of the Exes 2. Each person will paired up with someone of the opposite sex who they have dated or hooked up with in the past. Here is this seasons cast/pairings:

Wes (RW Austin) & Theresa (Fresh Meat 2)
    CT (RW Paris) & Diem (Fresh Meat)
    Johnny "Bananas" (RW Key West) & Nany (RW Las Vegas 2)
    Sarah (RW Brooklyn) & Jordan (RW Portland)
    Jonna (RW Cancun) & Zach (RW San Diego 2)
    Jemmye (RW New Orleans 2) & Knight (RW New Orleans 2)
    Dustin (RW Las Vegas 2) & Jessica (RW Portland)
    Leroy (RW Las Vegas 2) & Nia (RW Portland)
    Averey (RW Portland) & Johnny (RW Portland)
    Hailey (RW Ex-Plosion) & Thomas (RW Ex-Plosion)
    Jay (RW Ex-Plosion) & Jenna (RW Ex-Plosion)
    Adam (Are You The One?) & Brittany (Are You The One?)**
    JJ (Are You The One?) & Simone (Are You The One?)**

**In a shocking twist, this season will feature 4 players who from another MTV show called "Are You The One?"

This season will most likely air later this year or in early 2015

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Challenge: Season 26

Diem Brown Dies After Cancer Battle : People.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    Shortly during or after the first challenge on this season, Diem began to have serious unexpected health problems. Because of this, she & CT were automatically eliminated and Diem was quickly rushed from Panama out to a hospital in NYC. There is where she was diagnosed with cancer again and it got worse over the past few months
    Last edited by Aaron2005; 11-14-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005 View Post
    Diem Brown Dies After Cancer Battle : People.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    Shortly during or after the first challenge on this season, Diem began to have serious unexpected health problems. Because of this, she & CT were automatically eliminated and Diem was quickly rushed from Panama out to a hospital in NYC. There is where she was diagnosed with cancer again and it got worse over the past few months

I am so so so sad over this news.
    KAREN

Crushing. Her poor family and friends.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

Wow, so sad. I know a lot of folks didn't like her when we posted on her previous Challenges and thought she was fake etc ... but I really admired her spunk and physicality and positive approach to her life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diem_Brown

Reality television appearances

Fresh Meat was the twelfth season of Real World/Road Rules Challenge. Filmed in Australia, it featured two-player teams; each team had an alumnus of The Real World or Road Rules partnered with a newcomer to the Challenge (collectively known as "Fresh Meat") who was never part of one of the two aforementioned series. Brown was partnered with Road Rules alumnus Derrick, and the pair finished in fourth place in the competition. Brown, who was just completing her treatment for cancer, went on to compete in The Duel. She took off her wig during one of the competitions and this has been viewed as one of the most memorable and touching challenge moments.[3][4][5]
    MedGift

Brown created the website MedGift, a patient gift registry, to help patients obtain help from family and friends while in treatment.[6]
    Personal life

Brown dated fellow Challenge castmember Chris "C.T." Tamburello for over a year and a half after meeting on The Duel in 2006. Brown credited Tamburello for playing a role in her remission recovery and giving her confidence.[7] The couple competed on the same team on The Gauntlet III and were featured on the MTV documentary show MADE. Following their split, Brown and Tamburello competed as a team on Battle of the Exes, where they were the runner-ups in the final.[8]

In 2012, her ovarian cancer returned and she started her second battle against cancer with chemotherapy treatments. In 2013, after several months of treatment, Brown's cancer went into remission.[7]

After only two weeks out of her last chemotherapy, Brown went through her seventh Challenge season, Rivals II in 2013, because she was told by doctors during her second bout with cancer that "seeing 2013 was not that likely."[9] Her team finished in fourth place.[10]
    Death

In August 2014, Brown was filming her eighth Challenge competition in Panama when she collapsed on set.[11] She was airlifted to New York and she announced to various media publications that her ovarian cancer had metastasized to her colon and stomach, and performed emergency surgery. Brown died on November 14, 2014, at 10:22 a.m. at the age of 32. Her final hours were spent in the company of friends and family. [12][13]
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Diem passing away hit me harder than I thought it would; maybe Jacoby and Litman were right, and Diem & CT are like the Charles & Diana of reality TV, but I somehow feel like I've known them, even though I've never even met them.

Hate to be that guy, but it really does make me wonder what happens to the season, if CT loses his partner. I wonder if he ends up withdrawing from the season to be by her bedside.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Diem passing away hit me harder than I thought it would; maybe Jacoby and Litman were right, and Diem & CT are like the Charles & Diana of reality TV, but I somehow feel like I've known them, even though I've never even met them.

Hate to be that guy, but it really does make me wonder what happens to the season, if CT loses his partner. I wonder if he ends up withdrawing from the season to be by her bedside.
    Not to be too cruel or cynical but I could see MTV replacing Diem, they do plan for that contingency and normally they wrap up filming in about 6 weeks that gives everyone time to complete the challenge and still go see Diem in the hospital.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He leaves right along with Diem, which I'm sure he would have done even if they had planned to bring in a replacement for him. Plus they were together going into this challenge

+ Reply to Thread