+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Real World format

FORT Fanatic

New Real World format

'Real World' shakeup: MTV changing format | Inside TV | EW.com

Has anyone else heard this yet?

The season begins like any other: Seven young, attractive and single diverse cast-mates from around the country move into a house (first cast photo above). They’ll start to form bonds, with each other and with San Francisco locals. Then, one month into the three-month shoot, they’ll go away for a day trip. When they return, they’re in for a huge shock: Their exes have moved in too.
    This sounds so stupid and seems like they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to get some ratings for this show. I tuned out for the first time during St Thomas and watched 2 episodes of the last one before giving up. Its just not interesting anymore with them casting the same type of people. Damn shame but I think its finally run its course.

FORT Fogey

Re: New Real World format

The show has certainly evolved FAR away from the brillant social experiment it used to be. But it's been many many years since it was that show. Ever since the Las Vegas season many years ago, they've been going for shock and outrage from partying. Sounds like now they are throwing in a bit of a Bachelor Pad like set up to the mix.

Re: New Real World format

Yep, it jumped the shark with Vegas. I stopped watching years ago, but watched Real World Portland because I live here. Why they chose Portland is a mystery, though. This is a town with a lot of character -- and characters. Why import a bunch of idiots who just want to go clubbing, hook up, drink and fight? These halfwits might as well have rented a condo in L.A.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread