+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Challenge 25

Re: Challenge 25

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    What I don't understand is why they voted PRESTON of all people into the elimination. Keep him around in case YOU get sent to an elimination. They had the perfect opportunity to get two great competitors to face off, ensuring one of them goes home. Instead, they whimp out and send Preston in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It made no sense to me to hear CT say that they need strong teams as ultimately this is free agents. I would rather send in Bananas into the elimination and hope he gets eliminated and give me a better chance to win the grand prize.
    After last season, I believe it's Bananas who understands the value of a "layup"; I think both Zack and CT are of the mindset that the players in the game should be worthy of being there, which is why they wanted Preston gone.

Regarding the "strong teams", I think he meant in the sense that, until the final challenge, there's no guarantee you'll be in a solo challenge, and since a lot of the groupings seem to be based on random team leaders, eliminating a weak player improves a player's chance of ending up in a strong team during challenges, and thus allowing the player to avoid elimination, both by being immune to nomination and by avoiding the draw.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    After last season, I believe it's Bananas who understands the value of a "layup"; I think both Zack and CT are of the mindset that the players in the game should be worthy of being there, which is why they wanted Preston gone.

Regarding the "strong teams", I think he meant in the sense that, until the final challenge, there's no guarantee you'll be in a solo challenge, and since a lot of the groupings seem to be based on random team leaders, eliminating a weak player improves a player's chance of ending up in a strong team during challenges, and thus allowing the player to avoid elimination, both by being immune to nomination and by avoiding the draw.
    Still they have been really could with switching up some of the challenges as far as smarts and endurance and not all the muscle bound guys do as well as the smaller guys more agile guys.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

If Preston is on your team and you lose though, there's a great chance you'll go against him in an elimination. So why not keep him around to a) get rid of a strong competitor and b) buy yourself a chance for an easy face-off win in an elimination?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Still they have been really could with switching up some of the challenges as far as smarts and endurance and not all the muscle bound guys do as well as the smaller guys more agile guys.
    I think Zack this season, and CT last season, both demonstrated that, despite looking like meatheads, they're actually not unintelligent and/or ignorant, given how easily CT solved the puzzles in last season's final, or how Zack won this season's spelling bee, so I don't think switching to a puzzle or anything endurance-based would necessarily put either at a disadvantage, and both were the most vocal ones about getting Preston eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    If Preston is on your team and you lose though, there's a great chance you'll go against him in an elimination. So why not keep him around to a) get rid of a strong competitor and b) buy yourself a chance for an easy face-off win in an elimination?
    Considering CT and Zack were the two most vocal about about having Preston eliminated, do you think they believe they'd lose to anybody in the house?
    Revenge is ice cream.

If I had a choice to send in someone like Bananas, who has won four challenges and made it to the end in others, and someone like Preston, I would send Bananas in every time. Any competitive person should. If you have a choice to play against someone who you think you can beat and someone who you know you can beat, eliminate any risk and take the person you know you can beat. CT and Zach need to check their egos at the door. I could easily see that decision coming back to bite them in the ass.

Looking at the remaining competitors, the final three for the men will likely be combination of CT, Zach, and somebody else; Johnny and Cohutta are pretty much there to be fodder, because, given four (of four, I believe) of the elimination games have been revealed, I don't foresee a single game where Cohutta or Johnny gets by CT or Zach, and while they have a chance to get by Leroy or Bananas, the only real problem CT or Zach will probably have is with one another, so as long as they end up in opposite teams, they're pretty much good to go for the next two episodes. Plus, CT says he's got a system, and if true, he's probably not going into the elimination off the draw anyways.

Not to mention, if a fifth elimination game is revealed, and it turns out to be a puzzle, CT and Zach probably think they're better off going against Bananas than Preston; if I recall correctly, during the finale of the last season, Bananas pretty much locked up during the puzzles, costing Frank and himself a significant amount of time.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Oh, poor Cara Maria I hope her hand is OK or at least she can still compete.

Does Laurel understand how she comes across as an unfeeling beyotch?
    tinderbox likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Cara Maria deserves to be in the finals. Hope her hand holds out!

Wow, Laurel...

Cara really needs to win this whole thing, preferably beating Laurel in the finals.
    Uncle David and tinderbox like this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fanatic

Wow, Laurel...

Cara really needs to win this whole thing, preferably beating Laurel in the finals.
    Actually, I think it would be funny if neither one of them won and someone like Devin did. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to both of the drama queens.

+ Reply to Thread