+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Challenge 25

FORT Fanatic

Re: Challenge 25

While I enjoy Jordan getting to Johnny D (I'm not calling that jackass "bananas"), he really is a douche. He really has done little to be running his mouth. Beating swift was as unimpressive as Johnny beating Issac.
    Enjoying the season. I like how anything can happen with these draws and votes. I love seeing the vets whine when they get called out. Anessa needs to get over herself. She's a non factor without teammates and allies.
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    While I enjoy Jordan getting to Johnny D (I'm not calling that jackass "bananas"), he really is a douche. He really has done little to be running his mouth. Beating swift was as unimpressive as Johnny beating Issac.
    Enjoying the season. I like how anything can happen with these draws and votes. I love seeing the vets whine when they get called out. Anessa needs to get over herself. She's a non factor without teammates and allies.
    It's often difficult to like a post that makes multiple points. Usually we disagree with at least one point. Not this post! I agree with every point made.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I didn't like Laurel when she was on Fresh Meat with Kenny (because I couldn't stand Kenny). I started to warm up to her though when she stuck up for Cara Maria when everyone was bullying her and when she called Paula out (I can't stand Paula either). I'm also loving her on this challenge. The way she made a list and convinced Devyn to call out her friend Theresa was brilliant.

I have a feeling Bananas will make it far but I just can't stand him. He's only done well in the past because a) the people who kept getting cast for these challenges stuck together and b) he played into this idea that rookies need to "prove themselves" and made them kiss his ass. I have to give it to him that having this sort of control is smart but it's really sucked the life out of some of these challenges for me. I don't think it's any coincidence that the best recent challenge, Battle of the Seasons, did not have Bananas, Paula, or many people in their "group".

Also, I love Devyn's commentary and I appreciate her on these challenges much more than I did on her Real World season.

I also have to say that I miss the old challenges. You didn't have to be an Olympic athlete who chugs steroid milkshakes to do well on them. Everything now is so physical and it's kind of lame.

FORT Fogey

Given the answers to the trivia challenge last week, it's not a big surprise that they keep sticking to the physical stuff. I don't expect that people will necessarily know the answers to questions about, say, a sport they don't follow or a television show they don't watch, but how could they miss questions like "How many stripes are on the American flag?" Or second guess themselves about whether they're in the northern or southern hemisphere? Or be confused about what continent the United States is on? Or be worried that they answered incorrectly when asked what ocean is off the coast of California? Or answer "Roosevelt" when asked who the third president of the United States was?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    I didn't like Laurel when she was on Fresh Meat with Kenny (because I couldn't stand Kenny). I started to warm up to her though when she stuck up for Cara Maria when everyone was bullying her and when she called Paula out (I can't stand Paula either). I'm also loving her on this challenge. The way she made a list and convinced Devyn to call out her friend Theresa was brilliant.
    The was the best way I have ever seen someone convince someone to vote their way. It was almost like someone in the Mafia telling someone they could kill them at any moment but really there is no need to. So smooth. Laurel is a beast. Shes probably the only person I wouldnt piss off if I was a girl. Maybe even most of the guys.

Speaking of Paula, I found out shes Preggo and expecting. Hopefully shes gotten her life together otherwise, god help that child.

I have a feeling Bananas will make it far but I just can't stand him. He's only done well in the past because a) the people who kept getting cast for these challenges stuck together and b) he played into this idea that rookies need to "prove themselves" and made them kiss his ass. I have to give it to him that having this sort of control is smart but it's really sucked the life out of some of these challenges for me. I don't think it's any coincidence that the best recent challenge, Battle of the Seasons, did not have Bananas, Paula, or many people in their "group".
    I cant wait until hes gone for good from these shows. Kenny, Wes and Evan knew when their time was up (tho I feel we will see them at some point again). Johnny hangs on and its really pathetic at this point. Hes got to be about 35 and probably the only claim to life he has is that he gave himself a nickname and shows up on MTV to compete for money twice a year. Hes going to be a real drain on society in the future. Makes me think of one of my fav quotes from Caddyshack "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too.." Thats a great career for him.

I also have to say that I miss the old challenges. You didn't have to be an Olympic athlete who chugs steroid milkshakes to do well on them. Everything now is so physical and it's kind of lame.
    I think it makes the show more exciting. You dont have these losers just coming back because they want to be on TV. You need to be in good physical shape to do 90% of these. I mean, does Preston really think he has any chance to make the final let alone finish it?

The was the best way I have ever seen someone convince someone to vote their way. It was almost like someone in the Mafia telling someone they could kill them at any moment but really there is no need to. So smooth. Laurel is a beast. Shes probably the only person I wouldnt piss off if I was a girl. Maybe even most of the guys.

Speaking of Paula, I found out shes Preggo and expecting. Hopefully shes gotten her life together otherwise, god help that child.

I cant wait until hes gone for good from these shows. Kenny, Wes and Evan knew when their time was up (tho I feel we will see them at some point again). Johnny hangs on and its really pathetic at this point. Hes got to be about 35 and probably the only claim to life he has is that he gave himself a nickname and shows up on MTV to compete for money twice a year. Hes going to be a real drain on society in the future. Makes me think of one of my fav quotes from Caddyshack "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too.." Thats a great career for him.

I think it makes the show more exciting. You dont have these losers just coming back because they want to be on TV. You need to be in good physical shape to do 90% of these. I mean, does Preston really think he has any chance to make the final let alone finish it?

Johnny Bananas was 22 on 2006 on this season on The Real World which makes him 30 in 2014. He has been on 9 challenges and won 4 times so far.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Some of the weaker people were some of the more entertaining for me. I remember Sarah from Road Rules Campus Crawl being so weak on her season and then coming back to unexpectedly win 5 Gauntlets. And then Katie won 2 infernos even though she was weak as heck. I love a good underdog story which is what these newer challenges lack in my opinion. Most of these strong meatheads annoy me anyways. Give me a Devyn any day over Frank/Bananas/Camila for the tenth time.
    Jahim and redsox girl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Some of the weaker people were some of the more entertaining for me. I remember Sarah from Road Rules Campus Crawl being so weak on her season and then coming back to unexpectedly win 5 Gauntlets. And then Katie won 2 infernos even though she was weak as heck. I love a good underdog story which is what these newer challenges lack in my opinion. Most of these strong meatheads annoy me anyways. Give me a Devyn any day over Frank/Bananas/Camila for the tenth time.
    The thing with Sarah is that she applied for The Real World but got picked for Road Rules. But I am so glad she was able to triumph in the Challenges, win and get on with her life unlike others.

FORT Fan

Kenny and Evan aren't on the challenges anymore cause they were banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Kenny and Evan aren't on the challenges anymore cause they were banned.
    I know there was that lawsuit that Tonya filed and I am not sure about the outcome. That does not mean that Evan and Kenny were banned. Knowing MTV and the popularity of the show that would not have stopped the show from using these two guys. Was there an official statement saying that Evan and Kenny were banned from the show?

+ Reply to Thread