+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Challenge 25

Re: Challenge 25

Jobs outside of the Challenge.

Do the Stars of MTV’s ‘The Challenge’ Have Real Jobs?

Do the Stars of MTV’s ‘The Challenge’ Have Real Jobs?

October 25, 2012 4:57 pm
    MTV's The Challenge

"Wait, we have to get real jobs? Daaaang."

MTV’s The Challenge has been one of The Ashley‘s guilty pleasures since it started airing way back in 1998. (The Ashley realizes that there may be a few of you reading this that weren’t even alive in 1998. Excuse me while I go reapply my wrinkle cream.)

Anyway, through the years, The Ashley has always wondered a few things about the show: why is Abram still trying to make that ‘Boy Meets World’ Ryder Strong-esque haircut work? Is Paula contractually obligated to be on almost every season of this crappy show? (Luckily, they had mercy on us and made her sit this season out!)

However, the one thing that The Ashley has always wondered about the kids on ‘The Challenge’ is how the heck they are able to get so much time off of work to go on these challenges? What job could they possibly have that would allow them to take months off of work so they can party across Europe?

Anyway, The Ashley set out to investigate to see what these knuckleheads do for a living when they aren’t battling it out on ‘The Challenge.’

Surprisingly, she found that a lot of these kids not only have jobs but are also college educated, some from Ivy League colleges! Some of their off-camera jobs are pretty fitting, while others are very surprising! (Of course, there are quite a few ‘Challengers’ that list “MTV Talent” as their career. As you do.)

Wes Bergman

Wes is one of the most hated guys in ‘Challenge’ history, but he’s also a college-educated businessman! When he’s not brawling with his MTV cast mates, Wes is the lead investor for a company called BetaBlox, which helps entrepreneurs through the beginning stages of opening their businesses. Wes has a Bachelors degree in Entrepreneurial Management and Marketing from Arizona State University.

Evan Starkman

Known for his witty comebacks, frequent fights with his cast mates, and, of course, this little incident, Evan hardly seems like the kind of guy that would be working in corporate America, but that’s exactly what he does. In addition to working in Canadian television, Evan also runs a marketing and advertising company called The Bait Shoppe. The even more shocking news is that Evans graduated from Cornell University, and holds a Masters degree in–get this–Conflict Resolution and Mediation.

Kenny Santucci:

When he’s not competing in ‘Challenges,’ Mr. Beautiful works as a certified personal trainer at Equinox gym in New York City. Kenny is also college-educated; he has a Bachelors degree from Montclair State University. In his spare time, Kenny runs a clothing company called “Suck Yeah.” Click here to check it out.

Shauvon Torres

Due to the fact that she’s best known as the broad who busted one of her breast implants while competing on the ‘Challenge,’ it probably comes as no surprise that Shauvon works as a patient coordinator at a plastic surgeon’s office. (It is surprising that she holds a Bachelor’s Degree, though!)

Brad Fiorenza:

Now the proud father of a little boy, (mom is fellow ‘Challenge’ cast member, Tori) Brad has taken a few years off from reality TV. He now works as an insurance agent for Farmer’s Insurance. (Click here to see his work Facebook page, which also includes adorable photos of his son!) His wife Tori works as a recruiter for Abercrombie & Fitch.

Paula Meronek

Paula’s best known on the ‘Challenges’ for crying and being secretly in love with Dunbar, despite the fact that she insists she “hates” him. She’s also known for her love of the alcoholic beverage, so it’s no surprise that when she’s not on the show, she serves as an “Independent Wine and Spirits Professional,” according to her LinkedIn profile. (I’m pretty sure that’s a fancy way of saying “bartender,” but who knows.)

Tyler Duckworth:

Tyler may still be living off of the money he won when he and teammate Johnny “Bananas” took first place on “Rivals” in 2011, but he still works as a Fitness Service Manager at Elevation Fitness in Hollywood. At one time he was a personal trainer for the Boston Celtics.

Chet Cannon

When he’s not making snarky remarks about his ‘Challenge’ cast mates, Chet runs his own bowtie business called Chester Pink. Head on over to the company’s website to fulfill all of your bowtie needs.

Here’s a list of some of the other cast members’ “real world” jobs:

Carley Johnson: Spray tan artist and bartender in Nebraska
    Emily Schromm (of “Black Face” fame): Personal trainer
    Camila Nakagawa: Co-founder of Clean Start, a body cleanse company
    Laurel Stucky: Sales rep for Anheuser-Busch beer company
    Landon Lueck: Dental equipment sales rep
    Cara Maria Sorbello: Jewelry maker
    Abram Boise: Bartender/rancher/builder
    Sarah Rice: Artist and student
    Katie Doyle: Office manager at a production company
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Johnny is one of the all time greats in the Challenges.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

How would we know? He's always hidden behind his friends by having them keep him out of challenges.

Still, my all time favorite moment in Challenge history was watching CT carry Johnny Bananas around like a rag doll.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm enjoying this whole Free Agents concept with the teams switching constantly and the update on working status makes me wish we had a different group however. My long time crush on Brad was just resparked.

With the season we do have there are a lot of players I do not like. Fortunately, some of them are already gone! I don't like Frank, but he is gone. I do wish he got the boot in the elimination. Laurel is a scum bag to me, and has been for a long time. The Fresh Meat kids (or even worse with Camilla) I feel like they need to remember where they came from (Which is pretty much no where). Watching her berate Eric a few seasons ago was disgusting and she's just lame. This season she is not redeeming in anyway.

Theresa is another one who needs to know her place in Real World history, non-existent. In terms of challenges, I'm not even sure why she is invited back over and over. She's so boring to me. I'd rather see Carley come back, if she can find a way to get time off from her bartending and spray tanning. She at least WON something. Seems like a good fit if you want that girl who doesn't do much but look pretty. I get where she was coming from trying to save herself, but this isn't that kind of show. I'm actually surprised they haven't gone back to Cutthroat style voting because at least that would have at least have prevented the on the spot changing nonsense.

I like Jasmine, and Jonne (who I always pair with her), but she really shouldn't bother with this particular show. It's not for her. She's just not that girl who is going to be successful. Unless she's just doing it for the free vacation I guess that's okay. I would have loved for her to win against Laurel, but that was not going to happen.

I'm surprised a few of you don't like Aneesa. I feel like I wish she did better, but I just appreciate her humor and take on things. She is Coral-lite to me, but I still will take that.

Isaac, what a disappointment. I would have thought he could have been a good player. Seemed to have the build?? Nothing really demonstrated that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    I'm enjoying this whole Free Agents concept with the teams switching constantly and the update on working status makes me wish we had a different group however. My long time crush on Brad was just resparked.

With the season we do have there are a lot of players I do not like. Fortunately, some of them are already gone! I don't like Frank, but he is gone. I do wish he got the boot in the elimination. Laurel is a scum bag to me, and has been for a long time. The Fresh Meat kids (or even worse with Camilla) I feel like they need to remember where they came from (Which is pretty much no where). Watching her berate Eric a few seasons ago was disgusting and she's just lame. This season she is not redeeming in anyway.

Theresa is another one who needs to know her place in Real World history, non-existent. In terms of challenges, I'm not even sure why she is invited back over and over. She's so boring to me. I'd rather see Carley come back, if she can find a way to get time off from her bartending and spray tanning. She at least WON something. Seems like a good fit if you want that girl who doesn't do much but look pretty. I get where she was coming from trying to save herself, but this isn't that kind of show. I'm actually surprised they haven't gone back to Cutthroat style voting because at least that would have at least have prevented the on the spot changing nonsense.

I like Jasmine, and Jonne (who I always pair with her), but she really shouldn't bother with this particular show. It's not for her. She's just not that girl who is going to be successful. Unless she's just doing it for the free vacation I guess that's okay. I would have loved for her to win against Laurel, but that was not going to happen.

I'm surprised a few of you don't like Aneesa. I feel like I wish she did better, but I just appreciate her humor and take on things. She is Coral-lite to me, but I still will take that.

Isaac, what a disappointment. I would have thought he could have been a good player. Seemed to have the build?? Nothing really demonstrated that though.
    The reason I don't necessarily care for Aneesa is that while she talks a good game she is physically horrible in challenges. I remember one time she made it to the finale and could barely keep up. While she can get far in the game without a strong partner or team to help her I don't thin she will ever be able to win. She is 33 yrs old, she had been on MTV in one form or another for the last 12 years, competed in 10 challenges and has gone home with what prize money. I guess my point is that while she admits to loving the free vacations she doesn't really bring that much to the table and it gets to be a bit much when she goes off on other players because they are doing something she doesn't like. cough, cough, Laurel. Maybe in the next Rivals they should put Aneesa and Laurel together and see how long it takes that team to implode.
    tinderbox likes this.

FORT Fan

It took CT a ridiculous long amount of time to finally win a challenge, last season. Jonna seems to rely more on sleeping with solid challengers to try to get further along in the game, more so than her actual abilities. It would be nice if Jasmine would be quieter once in a while and kept her pants on. I prefer her to Nia though, who is the ultimate in trash. I agree, that was ignorant when Laurel was really rude like that to Eric previously, and when she gets angry and gives that masculine look, it's time to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    It took CT a ridiculous long amount of time to finally win a challenge, last season. Jonna seems to rely more on sleeping with solid challengers to try to get further along in the game, more so than her actual abilities. It would be nice if Jasmine would be quieter once in a while and kept her pants on. I prefer her to Nia though, who is the ultimate in trash. I agree, that was ignorant when Laurel was really rude like that to Eric previously, and when she gets angry and gives that masculine look, it's time to run away.
    In the two after shows with Jasmine and Nia they just can't stop yelling at each other. It's not attractive and you can't even hear why they don't like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    The Fresh Meat kids (or even worse with Camilla) I feel like they need to remember where they came from (Which is pretty much no where). Watching her berate Eric a few seasons ago was disgusting and she's just lame.
    I have to disagree on both cases here. I never liked this whole "Earn your place" thing, like their eagerness for kicking out people who are new in the challenge just because they're new. It's a competition, they're there to compete, so wherever they came from is irrelevant, that's my opinion on that.

As for Camila, I like her. I feel the reason she acts the way she does is, well, look at how almost everyone treats her, especially the men. This is as close to emotional and psychological abuse as it gets. She gets treated like the scum of the earth for no reason. I feel like they do it because they're sick, horrible people. She gets riled up easily and reacts by getting very angry and screaming, and those scumbags think it's funny and so they keep doing it to her.

As for her berating Eric, she had every right to berate him. It was a team challenge and he flat-out quit on her for no reason whatsoever. I don't really care when anybody quits in this show, and the contestants themselves shouldn't care, because it means one less competitor they have to deal with and no skin off their backs. But when you're competing in a season that requires you to be paired up with somebody in a team of two and your teammate just decides to quit, causing you to be eliminated by default no matter how much effort you'e putting forward, that is just wrong. That's why I lost all respect for Eric, he deserved everything Camila told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I have to disagree on both cases here. I never liked this whole "Earn your place" thing, like their eagerness for kicking out people who are new in the challenge just because they're new. It's a competition, they're there to compete, so wherever they came from is irrelevant, that's my opinion on that.

As for Camila, I like her. I feel the reason she acts the way she does is, well, look at how almost everyone treats her, especially the men. This is as close to emotional and psychological abuse as it gets. She gets treated like the scum of the earth for no reason. I feel like they do it because they're sick, horrible people. She gets riled up easily and reacts by getting very angry and screaming, and those scumbags think it's funny and so they keep doing it to her.

As for her berating Eric, she had every right to berate him. It was a team challenge and he flat-out quit on her for no reason whatsoever. I don't really care when anybody quits in this show, and the contestants themselves shouldn't care, because it means one less competitor they have to deal with and no skin off their backs. But when you're competing in a season that requires you to be paired up with somebody in a team of two and your teammate just decides to quit, causing you to be eliminated by default no matter how much effort you'e putting forward, that is just wrong. That's why I lost all respect for Eric, he deserved everything Camila told him.

It's one thing to party but Eric has quit more then one time. He just is not physically able to compete on the same level as the other folks. OTOH that time he collapsed in a team challenge final, could have been avoided if the team just ran at his level instead of pushing past his limits. That being said when he came back to redeem himself in Czechoslovakia while he had lost weight I was not impressed with his athleticism. That I could understand but it was his quit that doomed him in my eyes. I mean look at last week's challenge with Laurel vs Jasmine. Jasmine tried. I have to give her credit for tying. I don't give any credit to Eric for quitting. I mean look at Cara Maria this season.

Episode 6 - Smarty Pants

A trivia challenge - always hilarious and a sad, sad, sad example of American education. I would think by now everyone would study a bit of geography, US currency and a bit of popular culture because there is always a trivia challenge.

I like Devyn in this challenge. Who knew.

Honestly, Theresa is surprised and outraged that she was put in the challenge. She has the nerve to use the words "betrayed" and "back stabbed" take a good look in the mirror or if that doesn't work watch the last episode.
    livin4reality and Jahim like this.

+ Reply to Thread