+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Challenge 25

Re: Challenge 25

I was of two minds in regards to Zach's condition and Laurel's reaction. Yes, Zach was a total douche towards Sam during their first challenge so was Zach's pain karma? While Zach was in pain, Laurel's response was brutal and totally uncaring but you see more of it the reunion where Zach didn't go all physcho on her and Laurel was describing how she did help Zach.

I did wish that they posted everyone's time totals so you could really see how long it took each person to complete the final challenge.

Johnny did surprise me with how well he did climbing up the mountain. I was hoping that he had beat Bananas.

I do wonder how crucial was Nany's meltdown on the bikes in regards to the 9 minute difference between first and second place.

I have to give credit to Devyn for finishing. That was brutal for the $15,000 she won and after Uncle Sam takes his cut $9,000. Still it is not bad for what 5 weeks of filming and travel to two different countries in South America.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

9k is not bad for the experience...she got to have a lot of fun along with the challenges. What I don't get is...if you're going to do these challenges...you could try to get into some kind of shape to do stuff like that. Just like Leroy...learn to swim. How hard can that be?

Leroy could have actually done this final! No swimming! Unless he went over with Devyn in the river, then MTV might have had a death, so maybe it's for the best.

I'm not sure that Devyn could ever really be in shape for this kind of challenge. She's a very smart girl, I'm very impressed with her determination, but she's does not strike me as that type of girl. I don't see her winning one of the eliminations ever, she just honestly got very lucky to never have to face it. As I mentioned, good for her, she played by all the same rules as everyone else, and I'd certainly not be volunteering to go in an elimination challenge either. Maybe she will step it up and train hard for another challenge? Aneesa fell in that same boat for me after RW Chicago and that I'd never see her do these kind of things well, but she comes season after season to try and she really has become a bit of a challenge beast.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Overall Placements and Total Race Time
    Name Total Time To Complete Final Challenge
    Bananas 8 hrs 11 min 1 sec
    Johnny 8 hrs 28 min 32 sec
    Laurel 9 hrs 26 min 10 sec
    Nany 9 hrs 34 min 49 sec
    Zach 10 hrs 15 min 57 sec
    Devyn 12 hrs 38 min 53 sec

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    Leroy could have actually done this final! No swimming! Unless he went over with Devyn in the river, then MTV might have had a death, so maybe it's for the best.

I'm not sure that Devyn could ever really be in shape for this kind of challenge. She's a very smart girl, I'm very impressed with her determination, but she's does not strike me as that type of girl. I don't see her winning one of the eliminations ever, she just honestly got very lucky to never have to face it. As I mentioned, good for her, she played by all the same rules as everyone else, and I'd certainly not be volunteering to go in an elimination challenge either. Maybe she will step it up and train hard for another challenge? Aneesa fell in that same boat for me after RW Chicago and that I'd never see her do these kind of things well, but she comes season after season to try and she really has become a bit of a challenge beast.
    I would never describe Aneesa as a challenge beast as she tends to avoid challenges at all costs. If fact this is the first time I can remember ever seeing her in the challenge and she has been doing these challenges for about 10 yrs.
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Overall Placements and Total Race Time
    Name Total Time To Complete Final Challenge
    Bananas 8 hrs 11 min 1 sec
    Johnny 8 hrs 28 min 32 sec
    Laurel 9 hrs 26 min 10 sec
    Nany 9 hrs 34 min 49 sec
    Zach 10 hrs 15 min 57 sec
    Devyn 12 hrs 38 min 53 sec
    Add the 23 minutes and 38 seconds that Devyn cost Johnny to Bananas total, and Johnny would have had an epic win for a rookie. Unfortunate she was even there a factor.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Add the 23 minutes and 38 seconds that Devyn cost Johnny to Bananas total, and Johnny would have had an epic win for a rookie. Unfortunate she was even there a factor.
    Thing is Devyn was a equalizing factor for each partner she had. The best thing her partners did was not explode at her as that would have just slowed them down even more. I do wonder how long Nany's hissy fit was as there was only an 8 minute difference between Nany and Laurel.

I wonder how much Zach slowed Laurel? Would it have been enough to have gotten her time under 9 hours?

If nothing else I would love to see Devyn improve her cardio as that form of exercise is one that females tend to favor over weight training, if she did I wonder how much that would improve her performance.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-07-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thing is Devyn was a equalizing factor for each partner she had.
    Actually, no! When you compare the two comps where she was partnered with Johnny and Bananas she caused Johnny to have a 23 minute handicap going into the final challenge. It might have been more even, but the challenge in which Devyn was paired with Bananas had a time limit. (The country puzzle) This meant Bananas only had to deal with her physical challenges for a short period of time. Still, none of the finalists should have had their wagon tied to the fate of another finalist. This was the 'Free Agents' Challenge. They should have stayed true to that concept, and let the finalists compete only against their gender.
    tinderbox and Giggity22 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Actually, no! When you compare the two comps where she was partnered with Johnny and Bananas she caused Johnny to have a 23 minute handicap going into the final challenge. It might have been more even, but the challenge in which Devyn was paired with Bananas had a time limit. (The country puzzle) This meant Bananas only had to deal with her physical challenges for a short period of time. Still, none of the finalists should have had their wagon tied to the fate of another finalist. This was the 'Free Agents' Challenge. They should have stayed true to that concept, and let the finalists compete only against their gender.
    Bananas and Devyn actually finished the puzzle and did not take the 30 minute default like the other two teams. They saved themselves 7 minutes at that point.

You're right! They did complete the challenge where the other teams didn't. I didn't see a time for how much under the 30 minutes they were, but it doesn't matter. The fact is, when comparing the times of the two boys when they were paired with Devyn, Johnny ended up being penalized 23 minutes. More than the 17 minutes that separated them at the end.

+ Reply to Thread