+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Challenge 25

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Challenge 25

Cara Maria has done more than Nany, Theresa and Devyn combined to deserve a spot in the Finale. I'm very sad she won't be there.

Bananas... you're just a disgusting piece of flotsam. I pray you don't win a dime this season.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

That really was the lowest thing from Johnny. There was no reason for him to say Caras name and even less of a reason for him to not change. Why would Nany change tho? She should have held her ground. I hate Johnny.
    Devin has done nothing to deserve to be where she is. I don't really get what Theresa has done either. Cara has no shot vs laurel in that challege which is a dumb one to begin with.

FORT Fan

You would have rather liked to see Cara Maria compete in the final with her injury and get destroyed?

I think they should have just forced her to leave, but have TJ give her props for not quitting. A broken hand is no joke.

At least Cara Maria has now been set up as this super symapthetic babyface, so when she eventually gets her win, it'll be huge, the way it was huge for CT getting his win. Meanwhile Bananas has been further set up as this conniving heel figure, so the audience is satisfied any time he doesn't win the Challenge, and even more satisfying when CT smokes him.

CT and Cara look good together. Not necessarily romantically, but in a brother-and-sister kind of way. If they ever do male-female pairs for The Challenge again, I would love to see a CT/Cara team.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I think they should have just forced her to leave, but have TJ give her props for not quitting. A broken hand is no joke.

At least Cara Maria has now been set up as this super symapthetic babyface, so when she eventually gets her win, it'll be huge, the way it was huge for CT getting his win. Meanwhile Bananas has been further set up as this conniving heel figure, so the audience is satisfied any time he doesn't win the Challenge, and even more satisfying when CT smokes him.

CT and Cara look good together. Not necessarily romantically, but in a brother-and-sister kind of way. If they ever do male-female pairs for The Challenge again, I would love to see a CT/Cara team.
    I don't think Bananas needed any help being set up as a villain, he plays the role to the hilt and he enjoys it. Since this game is Free Agents I don't see any purpose for him throwing in Cara Maria at this point as it doesn't help or hurt his game at all. As for Nany wouldn't you rather compete against a girl with a broken hand in the finale?

While I like Cara Maria I do see where she is playing the victim a bit like other players have said. The one with the most level and objective head in the house seems to be Devyn which is one reason why I would like to see her in the finale as she has earned it by her brain and not her brawn. Managing to survive the landmine of political upheaval that is a Challenge House is not easy and she seems to be doing a great job of it.

Laurel, she confuses me as she is crying in her confessionals and is obviously showing emotion and vulnerability, how can she show it to us and not the Cara Maria the person she really needs to connect with?

I do applaud CT for being able to stick to his goal of playing the game mostly without getting emotionally involved.

Yes, I too would love to see CT and Cara Maria team up as partners in a future challenge. Can you imagine the producers teaming up Cara Maria and Bananas?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't think Bananas needed any help being set up as a villain, he plays the role to the hilt and he enjoys it. Since this game is Free Agents I don't see any purpose for him throwing in Cara Maria at this point as it doesn't help or hurt his game at all. As for Nany wouldn't you rather compete against a girl with a broken hand in the finale?

While I like Cara Maria I do see where she is playing the victim a bit like other players have said. The one with the most level and objective head in the house seems to be Devyn which is one reason why I would like to see her in the finale as she has earned it by her brain and not her brawn. Managing to survive the landmine of political upheaval that is a Challenge House is not easy and she seems to be doing a great job of it.

Laurel, she confuses me as she is crying in her confessionals and is obviously showing emotion and vulnerability, how can she show it to us and not the Cara Maria the person she really needs to connect with?

I do applaud CT for being able to stick to his goal of playing the game mostly without getting emotionally involved.

Yes, I too would love to see CT and Cara Maria team up as partners in a future challenge. Can you imagine the producers teaming up Cara Maria and Bananas?
    Bananas just doesn't like Cara Maria, as he's made abundantly clear in pretty much every Challenge they've been in together, so it's less strategy and more irrational hatred.

I'm not really a fan of Devyn myself; it's not that I don't think she's played a good game, but that I think she'll get mauled by the finals and it won't even be competitive, so, to me, she's the one who doesn't belong, because she won't be able to be competitive. I get that she's been smart about the way she's played, but, I just don't feel like she has anything to offer come crunch time.

I think a lot of Laurel's crying and vulnerability is stuff done in post, after she's had time to mull over how to do damage control; I don't think Laurel feels she did anything wrong, which is why she didn't apologize to Cara Maria, but at the same time, she seems to want to be liked.

CT & Cara would be great together. Cara and Bananas would be, well, bananas. I imagine they wouldn't ever get along, like the teams from Rivals who are only in it for the money.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fanatic

You want to say Devin played a smart game kissing Laurels ass, fine but don't say she deserves to be there. She's don't nothing but fly below the radar and let the woman know she's not a threat to them. If she makes it through half the final challenge I would be shocked.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    You want to say Devin played a smart game kissing Laurels ass, fine but don't say she deserves to be there. She's don't nothing but fly below the radar and let the woman know she's not a threat to them. If she makes it through half the final challenge I would be shocked.
    The Challenge is equally a politically game, a social game and a physical game and at times a bit of luck. Most folks depend on their physical prowess to get far in the game yet like Survivor if you don't have a social game you are doomed. Regardless if you like or dislike Johnny Bananas what he and banned players like Evan and Kenny could do equally well was play the physical and social aspects of the game to the point they totally dominated several challenges in a row to the point they bullied other players. While yes, I have to say Devyn is physically weaker then many other players she is superior in managing the political and social landmine of the Challenge House. Do I think she will win this Challenge. Highly unlikely but regarding quizzes and puzzles she has an advantage but that doesn't offset her physical limitations. Her strategy got her where she is so yes she does deserve to be where she is which at this point is the final four.

...Bananas just doesn't like Cara Maria, as he's made abundantly clear in pretty much every Challenge they've been in together, so it's less strategy and more irrational hatred...
    "Irrational hatred" is the perfect description for how Bananas truly feels about Cara Maria. He's absolutely blinded by his hatred for her and strategy had nothing to do with him putting her up.

Does anybody remember how the animosity between the two began? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    "Irrational hatred" is the perfect description for how Bananas truly feels about Cara Maria. He's absolutely blinded by his hatred for her and strategy had nothing to do with him putting her up.

Does anybody remember how the animosity between the two began? What happened?
    Hope someone knows as I don't have a clue. I do notice that Bananas does go after anyone who does not do what he says, he is quite the bully in that regard.

+ Reply to Thread