+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Rivals 2

Re: The Challenge: Rivals 2

Episode 7

Frank is so stupid there are only 4 men's teams left and you want to start a war with Jordan..why? It's not necessary.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, it's over the board hysterical listening to Frank say that Jordan is cocky and has a swollen ego. Has this guy looked in the mirror lately?

Glad Marlon and Jordan won, hope they end up in the final three. It would be hysterical if Johnny and Frank got sent home.

FORT Fan

With these types of challenges.. when it's not a day for the females to go into the jungle(and vice versa), I don't find it as interesting cause they don't really have that much incentive to give their all on those days, besides a little prize/money and to pick the order for the next challenge? Also, during that one challenge where they swung back and forth at the others, I thought it was kind of messed up how some of them didn't even swing at all, and they weren't pentalized for that?

In the past, I think there were a higher amount of skilled women competitors when Road Rules was still going on. With less and less Road Rulers in these challenges anymore, it just doesn't seem to be as competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    With these types of challenges.. when it's not a day for the females to go into the jungle(and vice versa), I don't find it as interesting cause they don't really have that much incentive to give their all on those days, besides a little prize/money and to pick the order for the next challenge? Also, during that one challenge where they swung back and forth at the others, I thought it was kind of messed up how some of them didn't even swing at all, and they weren't pentalized for that?

In the past, I think there were a higher amount of skilled women competitors when Road Rules was still going on. With less and less Road Rulers in these challenges anymore, it just doesn't seem to be as competitive.

I honestly think that when the game developers come up with the challenges they are probably thinking that these folks are going all out especially the interactive ones. However, politics/strategy is a big part of the show/game/challenge and the girls just came up with a way to manipulate the game. It's not something the game developers or the producers foresaw so they couldn't prepare for it. I watch Survivor a lot and Jeff Probst does a lot of behind the scenes and how they set up challenges and test them etc... and he does comments on episodes after they aired so that's how I found out how stuff like this is set up.

However, I did like that producers did penalize the guys for not doing one of the challenges so that does show the producers are trying to think ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

I do have to agree with you on this point. I luv'ed it when their were more Road Rulers as the type of folks who applied for that show tended to be more adventurous and more physically fit. It is pretty obvious that some of the ladies are much more serious about competing like Diem and Emily and Paula but unfortunately some of them have crappy partners .. cough .. cough .. Aneesa. I would luv to see Diem partner with Sarah, Paula, or Emily all choices would make for a strong team. Seriously, I think it is pretty obvious that it is Paula and Emily's challenge to lose.

FORT Regular

Frank has got to be the most annoying person ever to take part in any MTV production.

Episode 8 - August 28, 2013

Jonna and Nany are eliminated and there are now 4 girl teams and 4 boy teams.

Frank - while I don't like Frank and think the majority of what comes out of his mouth is vile he did seem like a genuine friend to Jonna. That being said Frank has painted himself into a corner with his mouth and his behavior and while he says he is not that person other folks opinions of him will not change over night. Part of this is as a game Frank is not his own man, he is Johnny Bananas partner and is in several alliances who all have their preferences as to who should be there and he does not have that much control and for Nany and Jonna to expect that is ridiculous. The game is not played that way. But on the other hand it is also ridiculous for him to totally distance himself from the partnership and its alliances he is part of it and he needs to suck it up and so do some other people, Jonna and Jordan.

I do think it is vile that Johnny and Knight know exactly what buttons to push on Jemmye and Camilla I don't think it is funny although I have several guys at work who do the same thing. It is cowardly and very hurtful.

I feel bad that Diem has Aneesa as a partner cause after all the challenges Aneesa has done she is still a total dud as far as being physically fit.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-29-2013 at 12:33 AM.

FORT Fan

I have to put it on mute sometimes when Camilla gets loud. She is beyond crazy.

FORT Fan

I also think Jemmye went overboard in wanting Knight to stick up for her. They aren't together anymore, or even friends for that matter(well it doesn't seem like they are). I doubt that she would have stuck up for him if the tables were reversed. She had said during this season she wouldn't have minded seeing Knight get beat up.

+ Reply to Thread