+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Real World: Portland

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Real World: Portland

I was sorry to see Joi cut herself off from a once in a lifetime experience, the likes of which she will probably never get an opportunity to have again. I don't know, but I got the idea that she came from $$$ and has probably missed out on a lot of regular folks experiences. College, and after college, before you saddle yourself down with serious responsibilities is what that time is for. You will create memories that you can never forget and will enjoy for the rest of your life. I was disappointed that her dad didn't try to convince her to stay and enjoy; she has time for seriousness for the rest of her life....not to mention the different people you can meet. It can be one of the last times to masquerade as someone other than yourself....and THAT is fun!!

I'm not only disappointed in her, I feel sorry for her. Actually, I hope she's miserable!!! She missed out on a part of her life education.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't get over that the group got a job in a bar and then they had sex in the bathroom on their first day. Super tacky. You would hope that their job would be in a sober environment and a learning experience and not just another opportunity to get drunk. Who works one day and have the next day off?

I really like Anastasia. She seems really open and friendly.

And now everyone is getting sick of Jordan. Good.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic

When Joi said she was leaving I had no idea who she even was. I dont think she had any impact on the season before that. What a snob. Good riddance.
    The new girl is a complete sociopath. More over the top casting by BMP.

FORT Fan

What a bizarre ending to this past episode. lol It also looks like there is going to be some tension coming up between Johnny and Averey?

The new girl seemed normal until.....holey crackpot! Poor Marlon.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have only watched the first episode and the rest is backed up on my DVR. It sounds like I have some serious catching up to do!
    I agree with the people who think that model girl is really unattractive. Her makeup was PLASTERED on!!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I don't think having gay sex makes someone gay, though. It's kind of like a gay man having sex with a woman -- it doesn't make him straight.
    If a gay man is attracted to a woman and desires to have sex with her, then I would say he's got a "touch of the bi" (as Dan Savage likes to say). If a gay man has sex with a woman with no sexual attraction, then I would venture to say he is closeted in some way -- why the heck else would he have sex with someone without sexual attraction?

If a guy who self identifies as straight takes a "swim in the dude pond occasionally", then I would say he's also got a touch of the bi. I think it is just more readily accepted in American society for people to accept women as bisexual than men. I think that is one of the main reasons that a bi man would identify as straight and not admit to occasional same-sex relationships. Too many people would want to throw him into the gay bucket rather than accept he is truly attracted to both men and women.

FORT Fanatic

Watched last weeks. Done with this season. This cast is all terrible. The new girl is a complete psychopath. It's just not an interesting group
    Uncle David likes this.

I have to agree. This cast manages to be both boring and loathsome. I'm only sticking with it because I want to see what they're going to show of Portland. But so far, it's pretty much bars and the outside of their house. I haven't watched the past several seasons of The Real World, so I can't tell if the show gradually got bad or if this is just a really bad season.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan

Nia should get booted from the show, she's an out of control weirdo.

I"m worried for Nia. She's could really get herself into serious trouble. The obsession with one-upping Jordan-- without being able to quit--if it plays out privately could provoke someone into hurting her, or her into hurting someone, if she doesn't get some help. It's as if once the thing got started, she literally couldn't let it go. I could imagine with the wrong person it might be scary.

I hope I'm wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast