+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Real World: Portland

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Real World: Portland

There is something not right about bringing a dog on the show with you. What an imposition.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You'd think that a season set in Portland would have some Portlandesque casting. Where are the indie rockers? The writers? The naked fire dancers? (I actually overheard someone inviting a barista to a party with naked fire dancers). No, instead we have the usual frat-house compilation of Hooters waitresses, stupid jocks and club-hoppers. Why even bother changing locations for the show when you're gonna cast the same boneheads in every city? And I think the dog is the most likeable thing in that house.
    beerbelly and Imperfect1 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm not a dog-person, so I can't agree on that point but, you're right, all they do is cast the same people over and over and over again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    The model chick is hideous. She also seems to have a crappy personality.
    Ironic, isn't it? The other girls are all WAY better looking...

My favorite cast member is Daisy...I hope she gets invited to do the challenges!
    taracran likes this.

FORT Fan

There was a dog in one of the previous season's also, but it wasn't one of the castmate's like this time around. Are they going to be adding another roommate cause one of the other girls' gets kicked off for fighting? Or is it for another reason? Also, I found it rather ironic that Jessica was acting all surprised at the one club after seeing some female dancers not wearing much, when she had walked around a bunch of people she just met in a thong bikini. lol

I missed this week's episode, did anyone catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Styles View Post
    Ugh, I missed it too.

MTV repeats often. I will look for a rerun.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Real World: Portland

Quote Originally Posted by C-Styles View Post
    Isn't it on weds nights?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    You'd think that a season set in Portland would have some Portlandesque casting. Where are the indie rockers? The writers? The naked fire dancers? (I actually overheard someone inviting a barista to a party with naked fire dancers). No, instead we have the usual frat-house compilation of Hooters waitresses, stupid jocks and club-hoppers. Why even bother changing locations for the show when you're gonna cast the same boneheads in every city? And I think the dog is the most likeable thing in that house.
    Totally agree, candor. In fact, I actually felt sad after watching the first episode --- it was so annoying that I didn't even want to watch the 2nd episode. This is a first for me, cause I've watched every single Real World and Road Rules episode since the very, very beginning, 12 years ago --- but another group like this just doesn't hold any appeal for me. And there isn't even ONE cast member that I find remotely interesting or intriguing. Done with Portland --- maybe they'll choose a more wholesome cast for the next Real World. Hope so, but I kinda doubt it.

OK, so when they decided to have the anal sex discussion and the African American guy said that he had done it, but with a guy.....my mouth completely dried out with the way my chin dropped! He said it like it was not any kind of big deal, and like they would see that too.....like that was no big deal for a guy who gives off totally hetero vibes. He claims that football was over, and that Austin(?) was full of gays, so that's just the way it went down. That conversation was about as abnormal as one could get. I don't care how full of gays Austin is, if you aren't inclined in that direction, it's not going to happen. It's not as if there were NO women in Austin. Somebody sounds like they have something to learn about themselves. In the dark much, Marlon???

Just WOW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast