+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

Maybe at the end of the season they will do a reunion like they do the Teen Moms, and the shows on VH1 do. Im sure it would partly depend on how popular the show is, and I havent seen an stats on that.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Does anyone know the details about what happened to the guy who created the thing. He's the host. I can't recall his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know the details about what happened to the guy who created the thing. He's the host. I can't recall his name.
    Debb, do you mean Nev? His story is that he was in an online relationship with a girl I believe her name was 'Megan'! About 8 months into the online relationship Nev started to question who exactly this Megan was.......and it was at that point that Maxx, (who is also on the show with Nev) picked up his video camera and said to Nev "I am going to film you meeting Megan"! And together the journey took him to the Midwest where Megan was nothing at all who he thought she was.....BUT Nev and this woman are still friends to this day. CATFISH, The Movie is great! It's Nev's story filmed by Maxx!

Edit, after Nev's movie or actually it's listed as a documentary was released MTV approached Nev to do a show for MTV.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This last episode, I learned that "catfish" can be used as a verb.....as in, "She catfished him.", which means that she misrepresented herself to him to draw him in. I guess that means that there is 'mutual catfishing', too.

Interesting.
    momrek06 and jenniferboston1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We watched the movie, Catfish, yesterday, and it was interesting seeing Nev get catfished......and the woman who "catfished" him....can you say "split personalities"? Just WOW! Totally nutsy-Kookoo. It was downright creepy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It reminds me of the true life murder that ocurred over an online love triangle, only the love interest was not who she said she was. She was the mother of this girl. She totally toyed with these two men and one murdered the other. So crazy and unnecessary. There was a movie or documentary about it called Tolhotblonde or something like that.

Yes! It is "Tallhotblonde" I believe. She used her own daughters pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It reminds me of the true life murder that ocurred over an online love triangle, only the love interest was not who she said she was. She was the mother of this girl. She totally toyed with these two men and one murdered the other. So crazy and unnecessary. There was a movie or documentary about it called Tolhotblonde or something like that.

I remembered that. Two middle aged people posting pictures of twenty year olds. That is like attracting like.

I hope the women on Dr. Phil find healing. I think they need to read the Siddartha story. That will help them.

Should all people in on-line dating be forced to take a quiz for their own safety? Maybe one of you writer types can write a book on that since it is such a hot topic.
    Last edited by Lizard; 12-27-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    You can do it!

ITA with you. Though that girl who pretended to be "Mike" was 100% malicious IMHO. Angela was nutsy for sure, but maybe caring for the two handicap boys made her go over to the tip of the edge and she used online personalities as a mental escape for herself? Not thinking what the heck she was doing to Nev and whoever else she catfished. Maybe?

Does anyone know if Nev is in a relationship now? I hope so! He seems like a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    We watched the movie, Catfish, yesterday, and it was interesting seeing Nev get catfished......and the woman who "catfished" him....can you say "split personalities"? Just WOW! Totally nutsy-Kookoo. It was downright creepy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Does anyone know if Nev is in a relationship now? I hope so! He seems like a good guy.
    He's adorable . . . . or, as my daughter puts it, a-dork-able. His buddy Max seems like a good guy too.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread