+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Do they get paid?

I'm just wondering why if someone is spending years of lying to someone, why they would continue the humiliation by showing their "real" selves on television. Perfect example would be Melissa. If I were Melissa (and trust me that's hard to think), I would never show my face, never mind coming out on tv!
    I don't think that the actors guild would allow a TV show to not pay scale (or reality show scale) for anyone appearing on camera. My theory is that they DO get paid. I think the producers talk to the people and reason it out, "Look, we know that you aren't really who you are pretending to be. We can show him/her the evidence ourselves without paying you anything. Why don't you just admit to it on camera and cash this nice paycheck for your efforts?"

I think otherwise, you would get just denial, denial, denial...
    prhoshay and captain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I don't think that the actors guild would allow a TV show to not pay scale (or reality show scale) for anyone appearing on camera. My theory is that they DO get paid. I think the producers talk to the people and reason it out, "Look, we know that you aren't really who you are pretending to be. We can show him/her the evidence ourselves without paying you anything. Why don't you just admit to it on camera and cash this nice paycheck for your efforts?"

I think otherwise, you would get just denial, denial, denial...
    I agree with that. Like you say, they would just deny it otherwise.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

FM, there has been 2 males (I think only 2), so far; it was toward the beginning of the show. I anticipate seeing more guys being discovered. One was morbidly obese; the other was masquerading as a "male entertainer/dancer".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    FM, there has been 2 males (I think only 2), so far; it was toward the beginning of the show. I anticipate seeing more guys being discovered. One was morbidly obese; the other was masquerading as a "male entertainer/dancer".
    I saw one of them, I dont get it .But really week after week of seeing these makes me very very glad I am married( happily)

I suspect there are 1000's of these so called catfish out there
    libgirl2 and jenniferboston1 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it starts out as a fun game, and some people get caught up. Masquerading over the computer has been done 4-Ever!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it starts out as a fun game, and some people get caught up. Masquerading over the computer has been done 4-Ever!
    Yes, they feel safe I guess. Not just over the computer, I remember a girlfriend that had her ad in the paper( in the 80's I think.) She met some really strange people. They sent photos of their brothers etc. LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

EXCEPT for Jasmine/Mike when it turned out to be Mhissy. That was plain evil.

Jasmine had been texting "Mike" for 2 years and had never met or talked on the phone. Mike turns out to be a girl named Mhissy who Jasmine knew in real life. Mhissy said she created the fake profile to get revenge on Jasmine for not leaving Mhissy's boyfriend Josh aka Triggs alone after they hooked up.

How many cases are like THIS one? Disturbing and sad.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    KAREN

You find crazy people in every walk of life. And, so what? That is all part of the anonymity of the computer age. The people on the receiving end of a message also have responsibility in their "hookups".

I agree, they sure do.Asking someone to marry you , that you have never met?? and puts off meeting with you- bonkers
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi momrek06! I meant paid by MTV to actually admit they have lied all that time...otherwise as another poster said, they'd just keep denying and denying.

IMHO some are mean and cruel, like Mhissy aka Mike, who purposely set up a fake profile to hurt someone. Bringing out the flower? Smirking? Dressed like a skank? Ewww. Others, like Nev's Angela, are overwhelmed or bored with their lives and most likely did not set out to hurt someone/anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Paid by who? These CATFISH are scamming, stalking and lying to people for years. Who would be paying them for years to stalk someone?

PLUS have you seen where these people live esp Melissa. They are not living in the laps of luxury.

They are all very sad people in need of some one to love them EVEN if they are (in reality) hurting and preying on the emotions of the people they are CATFISHing.

They all need professional help. Period.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread