+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

This actually happened to my daughter on Plenty of Fish. Luckily, it never went anywhere, because she showed the guy's picture to a friend of hers. The friend said, that is not XYZ...I know that guy in the picture, and his name is not XYZ. Plus, he is happily married, with a daughter, and lives in another state.

She talked on the phone to the Catfish a couple of times, and he still tried to get her to go out with him. She basically told him to get lost.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    It did indeed feel as though I was watching a commercial for his book and his son's publishing company.
    It's the third or fourth time he's done that this season. He's turning into the Donald Trump of TV psychologists. But back to "Catfish," Nev explained the name on Jeff Probst's show. Catfish were used in shipping tanks to keep cod moving so their meat wouldn't get mushy. The metaphor is about catfish as catalyst. Seems a bit tortured, but it's catching on.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

I watched Nev's orginial doc on MTV yesterday … TY to captain who posted it was on.

Wow, Nev was so nice to ANGELA (who protrayed herself as Megan) BUT to be fair I think Nev saw her life up close and saw how wonderful she is with her husband's (VINCE) totally disabled twins. I think Nev just could not come to telling her off and getting so pissed off that she was nothing more than a LYING CATFISH.

My gawd, Angela having TWO phones to deal with her "catfish' behavior and her husband thinking Nev was a 'client' buying Angela's art work. Which Angela as Megan told Nev that the art work was by her 8yo sister Abby. (Abby is really Angela's daughter and Angela is really the artist). SO SO SO MUCH LYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. UGH.

BUT maybe someone here who saw the doc can explain to me why at the very end of the doc VINCE (husband) was discussing CATFISH….?

I missed that VINCE was now informed that instead of Nev being a client of Angela's art work; instead that Angela was maybe stalking him … ??????
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

There was no reason why Vince talked about catfish other than it was something he knew about, if I remember correctly. He was not drawing a parallel. Nev did that.

Nev is an easy going kind man. He was not angry with her because he was able to see the situation easily. And he knew he would find something way off base before he even started the trip. He was curious.
    momrek06 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Is it the loneliness that makes these people so gullible? The red flags are flying all over the place and yet they fail to see them.

Looks like next week we will see a guy who wants to find a girl.

Hard to believe Nev doesn't already have someone REAL in his life. The man is adorable, intelligent, funny, etc . . . . There should be a long line of woman waiting for a phone call.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Jasmine and Mike. Skipping the obvious (why did she not see the red flags) the woman/Mike was the most deplorable person I have ever seen. I would like to know if Josh is still in her life. He may think what she did was totally right, too.

I am at a loss for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jasmine and Mike. Skipping the obvious (why did she not see the red flags) the woman/Mike was the most deplorable person I have ever seen. I would like to know if Josh is still in her life. He may think what she did was totally right, too.

I am at a loss for words.
    Well one of the calls Jasmine received was a male, 2 of them actually. Maybe one of them was Josh.What a mess , SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't get a chance to watch this at first airing but I watched it last night...I was expecting the ex to be Mike so I was quite surprised. I was also surprised at the length of time this girl, Missy, dragged the revenge on. I know we didn't see much, but it seemed like Jasmine could care less about the Josh guy and it made Missy look more crazy. I cant imagine how bad her life must be to get enjoyment from doing this THAT long.

Yes, finally we get to see a guy next week. I saw at least 2 other guys in the clips of other shows at the beginning so hopefully we will see those soon too.

I too don't understand why the red flags aren't make it or break it stops for these people. Of course when I was doing this about 10 years ago facebook wasn't big enough to "find people out" but if something is suspicious ask about it!!!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Two years for revenge.That's two years neither of them will have back. I don't understand this not wanting to meet- for that long. I did enjoy Jasmine wanting to whoop her @ss.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched two episodes last night.

Jasmine/MikeMissy - Wow. I felt bad for Jasmine that it seemed like she had invested way too much time into this guy. She really didn't seem to take the red flags seriously until Nev laid it out for her. On the one hand, I feel bad that Missy has had a rough life. On the other hand, that isn't a valid excuse for spending TWO YEARS duping someone. It bothered me that up to the end she was completely satisfied with what she had done. She had not a single ounce of regret. It just seems like dedicating yourself to that level of negativity for that long must compound the negativity in one's own personality. I really do wish we knew more about how much this Josh guy was involved. It seems completely plausible that HE was mad at Jasmine and egged Missy on in this deception.

Kim/Matt - I felt a lot better about the outcome of this show. I was glad that Matt was on a positive path at the time he actually met Kim and that he was continuing on that path after their meeting. I was also really glad that Kim decided to take some time for herself to cope with her past history before moving forward with anyone else in her life. The guilt she must be dealing is really, really awful. Frankly it makes me angry with her ex. I realize he was dealing with addiction issues and logic probably goes out the window, but if he really cared about Kim why would he leave her with that kind of burden?

ETA: I really liked the way Nev (and Max also) interacted with the people on both sides. They were very even-keeled and non-judgmental.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-05-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread