+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

My constant thought is this: how the heck to these people have time for all of this elaborate nonsense? I can't even imagine it. But then again, I'm taking the time to watch the nonsense so I suppose I can't judge, LOL.

Exactly Cornholio! Seriously, does that horrid cousin have a life of her own? She spent THREE YEARS of HER life living an outrageous lie!!!! Maybe she should get her fat *&^ to the gym and a mental health professional. What a sicko loser.
    Cornholio likes this.

Different type of episode this time around. The person Antoinette was talking to turned out to be who he said he was. There was some speculation that it might be his brother, but that turned out to not be true. She kind of bothered me though. How many times did she say the word "like" when talking to the guy (whose name I already forgot). Also when Nev was talking to him/the brother "what's taking them so long?" Well she could have gone and talked to them herself. I can see why she'd be scared to but don't complain about it "taking so long". She should also be careful about what she posts online. They showed that one pic of her in underwear with most of her butt hanging out. NOT what you'd want an employer or potential internet predators to see.

Max and Nev were so cute at the end taking the selfies! Love them.
    AmyKay and momrek06 like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Ahhhh, maybe I will skip this episode. My DVR is too full as it is!

Why do people continue over and over again to SCAM people for money over and over again.

And they always seem to SCAM the nicest people.

Tonight was NOT about a romantic relationship but instead about SCAMMING people out of their hard earned money to better themselves and then drop them when the nice people start to smell a RAT!

What a JERK this guy was that was calling himself KIDD COLE. Scamming an innocent young lady out of her own money as the JERK promised her employment.

Disgusting, these JERKS.

OMG Nev throwing the Scammer's iPhone in the river!!!!!!!! LOLOL
    AmyKay likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Why do people continue over and over again to SCAM people for money over and over again.

And they always seem to SCAM the nicest people.

Tonight was NOT about a romantic relationship but instead about SCAMMING people out of their hard earned money to better themselves and then drop them when the nice people start to smell a RAT!

What a JERK this guy was that was calling himself KIDD COLE. Scamming an innocent young lady out of her own money as the JERK promised her employment.

Disgusting, these JERKS.

OMG Nev throwing the Scammer's iPhone in the river!!!!!!!! LOLOL

My question is why do people continuously fall for they "if it looks too good to be true, assume it IS."

They tend to scam the stupidest people who, obviously, just landed on this planet.....and they know that. How could you NOT have IMMEDIATE suspicions when somebody you don't know goes IMMEDIATELY for your wallet? Not only was the scammer looking to get something for nothing, Lucille was also looking to get a job without putting in the usual work. I don't feel sorry for her, at all. Sometimes, huge bricks have to fall on your rock head before you get the message. This is right up there with Nigerian scammers and the people who love them.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was ridiculous to believe that she'd be able to get a high-paying job like that just from some very unofficial request. I could see a legitimate company giving someone a "trial run" to see if they'd be good at a job, but that would still probably involve an interview with someone at the company, along with some documentation stating the nature of it. Someone just asking over the phone just seems too "casual" and not legit. And then he also asked for her credit card numbers later on because "his got declined" or something.

Their convo with him at the house was weird. His "apology" was very odd and came kind of suddenly, sot that part must have been heavily edited if not scripted.

Apparently he's still out there scamming people.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like the circus guy said: There's one born every minute.

Stooopid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm glad Nev threw his phone in the river. Lucille seemed nice; but why do you not know that no legitimate job offer asks to spend thousands of your own money to "help" them out or to prove yourself to their business. I felt bad for the cab lady too; I hope she pressed charges. I wanted her to take Nev and Max to the guy's grandmother's house.
    momrek06 likes this.

I thought it was hilarious when they threw the guy's phone into the river. I was a bit annoyed that they had to placate him by promising to replace it just to get him to keep talking.

My impression was that Lucille had spent her time, but not really her money helping him out. She had received bills for all the services, but not paid them. I was confused as to whether the bills were in her name. Is her credit going to be completely ruined over this scam? I felt worse for the driver and the other people who had rendered services and were not compensated.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread