+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

It's sad that Cassandra felt so badly about herself that she felt the need to manipulate others online and "put them on blast" to ruin their friendships. Hopefully she can get some help with her issues and maybe see a therapist. Maybe I missed it, but did they find out whose picture Cassandra had been posting as Zoey? When they were looking on facebook they found pictures of "Zoey" with some other friends.

It always surprises me when a catfish "hopes that they can move forward" and have any kind of friendship with the person they catfished. The ones that say that really don't seem to get that the person has been hurt by their lies and don't want anything to do with them. I don't blame them for not wanting to ever waste any more time on the person that lied to them. I still can't see "falling in love" over the internet when you've never even seen the person in real life. And when the person mysteriously can't meet/Skype with you that's a HUGE red flag. I also watched the rerun the other day with the girl who thought she had been talking to Bow Wow.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Really good first episode, tho when they first showed the random pic that had been uploaded to fb by her I guessed thats who the catfisher was.
    I can totally understand talking to someone on line and getting to know them really well and REALLY liking them, but yea in this day and age, if they cant find SOMEway to video chat with you for a few min and/or meet in person that would be a red flag for me.
    I was surprised at her lack of emotion, even grinning (as evil as it was) when they had first arrived at the house.
    I love Nev and Max
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As long as you never talk to the catfish, you can make that person anybody your mind wants them to be. Creative styling, I'd say.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just watched the ep with Antwane where the guy Tony he was talking to turned out to be his cousin Carmen. All I can say is WOW. I definitely didn't see that coming. Obviously "Tony" was not who he said he was, and the absence of any photos or face to face meetings pointed to a definite fake identity, but who expects the family member to be the catfish? And SHE was the one who called them in, just to get on TV. And she catfished other people before and was proud of it! I just can't believe this girl. She needs help.
    AmyKay and jenniferboston1 like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I didn't see it coming either, in fact I missed it the first time she said it lol During the commercials I kept saying to myself, what just happened? I totally understand Nev's reaction, I myself would have been more mad!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

That was sure a lot of stupid work for 3 years. There is no way to justify what she did, I don't care what she said.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG, you guys I gasped when Carmen, standing in the road just says "I AM TONY" ...... whatttttttttt? I did NOT see that coming. I thought she was being a totally supporting cousin. OMG.

How sad for Antwane. How awful is Carmen to keep this going for 3 years? Wasn't it HER that called Nev and Max saying she thinks her cousin is being CATFISHED?

Carmen says she does this all.of.the.time and seems to have no remorse.

Ugh that whole area of Cincinnati was so sad looking.

What did the Producer mean when he told Nev and Max to go outside and then yelled at them stating that they were SABOTAGING their own show?
    Nev and Max went back and apologized to Carmen?
    KAREN

Lol I gasped as well. They said they were like best friends. Who does that to someone they consider to be their best friend? It's bad enough to catfish someone you don't know, but that was just brutal. I don't blame him for never wanting to talk to her again.

I was a bit confused at that point about the producer saying that too. They deserved to be mad at her. I think the producer said it because they were getting worked up (I don't blame them), which was preventing them from having an actual discussion and finding out why she did it. I didn't see it as "sabotaging" anything. SHE was the one who needed to apologize, not them.
    momrek06 likes this.

Well, I don't think you make fun of the way a person talks when you want to get them to cooperate with you and explain what was going on. You don't antagonize them, and I think the producer may have felt that was the way it looked like it was going. That's all I can figure.
    momrek06 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just saw the last part of it, where they were talking to Carmen and she said, "I could be on any TV show I want."

My immediate thought was, "Yep. Jerry Springer and Morey Povich are getting down to the bottom of the barrel, so they might want you."

+ Reply to Thread