+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

I had a friend who did background checks, so she'd do them for me on the guys I met on Match. Not so much to determine if they were fakes -- I don't think that's as common as the shows are making it seem -- but to know if they had any criminal record. It turned out that one of them did. In the case of fraud profiles, as was said upthread, you could still Google and put two and two together. There are con artists working in every aspect of life, not just online. I think Dr. Phil is ratcheting up the fear to sell his new book. He gets this way when he's got something to market, and it's insufferable.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Shoepie like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I had a friend who did background checks, so she'd do them for me on the guys I met on Match. Not so much to determine if they were fakes -- I don't think that's as common as the shows are making it seem -- but to know if they had any criminal record. It turned out that one of them did. In the case of fraud profiles, as was said upthread, you could still Google and put two and two together. There are con artists working in every aspect of life, not just online. I think Dr. Phil is ratcheting up the fear to sell his new book. He gets this way when he's got something to market, and it's insufferable.
    Yes, he is working his book into every show. I don't fault him for that though. I just FF through it! It is no different than anyone else promoting a book or movie. It is old already, however. I get it.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, he is working his book into every show. I don't fault him for that though. I just FF through it! It is no different than anyone else promoting a book or movie. It is old already, however. I get it.
    I agree.

I understand him working his book into it BUT the discussion was about CATFISH and it was a REAL EYE OPENER.

Dr.Phil had some great ideas, tips, thoughts, signals, red flags for these ladies about SCAMMERS on the internet.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Plus right now its his son who is the only distributor. I might get it from the library.

When is Catfish on? I cant believe a woman would deceive so many women into thinking she was a male
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Plus right now its his son who is the only distributor. I might get it from the library.

When is Catfish on? I cant believe a woman would deceive so many women into thinking she was a male
    Catfish is such a great informative show and really a huge eye opener in this country and I imagine all over with people scamming people by way of the internet.

CATFISH is on MONDAY's MTV @11pm BUT if you miss it, it repeats all week.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Catfish is such a great informative show and really a huge eye opener in this country and I imagine all over with people scamming people by way of the internet.

CATFISH is on MONDAY's MTV @11pm BUT if you miss it, it repeats all week.
    Thanks so much! I wll have to check it out. I think its an eye opener, thank you again momrek06 :UP
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just an FYI, Catfish, the movie is airing right now on MTV.....
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Just an FYI, Catfish, the movie is airing right now on MTV.....
    Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Did anyone see Dr. Phil yesterday? The whole show was about 'CATFISH'. My gawd, this is bigger than we realize.

Three lovely ladies totally hoodwinked by the same dude. AND after investigating it it was a woman that was playing herself off as SEAN and DAVID to all these ladies. One of the ladies spent 2 years communicating with him/her. AND with all this social media today none of them saw any of the signs that this was a huge scam.

And NEV from the MTV show was on as well.

VERY SAD these people going around scram people, sucking them in with all this love only to have the innocent party find out it was all one big FAKE.

I was glad that Dr. Phil went over all the signs to outing a SCAMMER.

Urban dictionary the meaning of CATFISH:
    A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.
    I saw Dr Phil's catfish episode as well. I was rather disappointed that they didn't show the catfish's face.

All of the women are so incredibly beautiful! I'm not understanding why they're having so much trouble finding a committed man.

Also, why are they called "catfish"? I don't recall catfish being duplicious.

I saw Catfish's Jamison/Sunny episode. I wish they could've given a reason why Chelsea did these things. I mean, other than being bullied. I can see if the two knew of each other and Sunny bullied her in the past... I don't know I'm really not understanding the logic.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    It did indeed feel as though I was watching a commercial for his book and his son's publishing company.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread