+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

The guy was definitely messed up. I'm not sure what his problem is. I see him as a definite safety risk. I hope he has no firearms.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In this country, the likelihood is "Yes, he does."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Mike/Ashley show was interesting, with the semi-catfish meeting the full-blown-catfish. They clearly both had self-esteem issues. I was glad that she agreed to see him again and at least stay open to the possibilities until she got to know him better in person.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Aaliyah & Alicia. Wow!

I say it every week and then I say it again a week later . . . sometimes for the same reasons, sometimes for different ones.

I guess Aaliyah must really be naive & doesn't get out much because this episode reeked of FRAUD from the get-go. Living within 70 blocks of each other - BLOCKS . . . not even miles - and the object of her affection can't make time to met her . . . . not even after being gifted a phone and money (and who knows what else!)

What an attitude she had!

The Golden Rule doesn't say "do onto others before they do unto you". It's a sorry ass excuse to live your life by the motto that someone hurt me so that's what I'm gonna pass on to the next person.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The most recent episode was fascinating. The catfished girl thought she had been talking to Lil Bow-Wow for years. "He'd" even sent her $10,000!!!
    AmyKay likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just watched it myself last night...I was so like Nev in not wanting to believe, but $10,000 was a kicker. Crazy stuff.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Last night was crazy.

And when Kennana (sp) saw who walked out the door and then said she was not gay, I did a second and third look as I could not believe that this person was a female.

Then that ewwwww discussion with Max when Kennana and Nev went back to the car. Ewwwww. TMI.

Ok help me, I fell asleep at the very very end when they all went back to DEE's house to chat in her living room. What was the final outcome? Are they being friends?
    KAREN

I got the impression that she was leaning toward being friends with the woman (wasn't she 27? Or was she 23?) who looks so much like a small guy that it was uncanny. I thought it was interesting how comfortable the woman was with her sexuality. She was very matter-of-fact.

Like I said....fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got the impression that she was leaning toward being friends with the woman (wasn't she 27? Or was she 23?) who looks so much like a small guy that it was uncanny. I thought it was interesting how comfortable the woman was with her sexuality. She was very matter-of-fact.

Like I said....fascinating.
    I found that woman Dee upsetting. Her attitude that she could "turn" a straight woman into a lesbian was beyond arrogant. If a straight woman is attracted to her, it is likely because she thinks Dee is male, not because she is simply flipping a switch on her sexuality! The fact that she was so comfortable with her behavior of luring women into sexual contact with her under the pretense she was a man is disturbing and disrespectful. In fact, it strikes me as borderline abusive. The women that she is hooking up with have the right to know who they are getting involved with. There are all kinds of people in the world. I am certain Dee could find women who are interested in her for who she is, not because they think she's a guy.

I think a lot of homophobia is rooted in the notion that gay people are on the prowl to "turn straight people gay". This woman is a prime example of that kind of absurd behavior. IMO, she seems like a terrible representation of the gay community.

I think Dee was just going by her experiences of "straight" women falling for her, but I also wondered if she always introduced a monetary component into the relationship. I am always amazed at how many people can be "bought". If she sent $10,000 to a woman that she hadn't even met, what in the world would she do for people who were in her immediate vicinity? I doubt that this bizarre money thing was a first.

Maybe her attraction is just the challenge of a "straight" woman. I have a gay male friend who I've heard say that he could get a straight man if he wanted to....no problem. Maybe there's a finer line in the sexual attraction/interaction/curiosity game than we know.....and that's kind of depressing.

Now that I think about it, I do know a woman who started up with a lesbian when she had gynecological problems that made her not able to have male-female sex...and this "straight woman" was a known "ho", to put it bluntly.

She was GROSS.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread