+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

Thanks all for you info. That helps a lot!

So, if the phone situation can be explained, then we still have the trike issue and the fact that Lauren didn't tell her dad or stepmom about him for all that time. I don't know.......it still seems fishy. I'm all in support of true love. I hope it's real and things are great for them. Little Mason is so precious. I hope things are great for that little guy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My cell number (and my daughter's) have been the same since we initially started our service ten years ago. I don't find that odd at all . . . in fact, I hate the thought of having to change it as the useless piece of info that is my "old" number will undoubtedly stick in my head more firmly than the "new" number would!!

I wondered about the 'trike' too, especially since it was never explained.

It was heartbreaking to her that Lauren lost her Mom so early in life. Wondering when the step-mom came into the picture and whether or not her presence (or lack thereof) was a factor in Lauren getting pregnant at such a young age.

It does seem 'fishy' to me that this one turned out to have the object-of-affection being who he said he was. If the fix is in, it will be brought to light one way or another and I think the show would suffer for it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I just watched the show with the couple in Michigan with the girl who has the glass eye. I thought that guy was a jerk from the beginning of the episode. It sounds like he has the potential to be a good guy, but (at least for the show) he was determined to be an unemotional a$$hat so he would look tough in front of his friends. I actually really liked Krysten. She seemed like a genuinely sweet girl who happened to start this situation when she was in a bad place and it just spiraled on her. I'm glad she seemed to be moving on at the end of the show chat.

ETA: I wish they had mentioned who the girl in the photos was. I didn't think she looked THAT different from Krysten before her accident, so I was wondering if it was a relative or something.
    Cornholio likes this.

Yeah, I think Krysten might have dodged a bullet by that guy breaking it off. He was so furious when he found out she lied about her last name, that he was over her. He seemed to be quick tempered. That's a trait that is difficult to overcome in people who have it naturally. I wish her well. I do find it strange that she was so down and out, but within a few weeks after the filming, she gets a boyfriend and is ready to sale the farm and move to Florida! Really? That's really good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I think Krysten might have dodged a bullet by that guy breaking it off. He was so furious when he found out she lied about her last name, that he was over her. He seemed to be quick tempered. That's a trait that is difficult to overcome in people who have it naturally. I wish her well. I do find it strange that she was so down and out, but within a few weeks after the filming, she gets a boyfriend and is ready to sale the farm and move to Florida! Really? That's really good luck.
    The moving to Florida part was the bit that surprised me the most. It just seems like such a HUGE proposition to leap from farming in Michigan to living in Florida. However, maybe her parents had been planning to retire and move to a warmer climate and she decided to take the opportunity to go along. It's also possible that it is still difficult for her to get around during Michigan winters, so maybe Florida will be easier for her.

As for the new boyfriend, it seems just as likely that she knew things with the online guy weren't going to work out when he discovered the truth. Maybe she had already met this other guy and completely breaking off with the online guy just freed her up to pursue a guy she already knew. Of course, I'm making this all up. Maybe we'll find out more at the "reunion show" they were advertising during this episode!

You never know. I know I keep wondering how much of this is arranged. I just can't help but feel some of these things are fixed. Maybe not. Still, I wonder how much longer this show can go on. Another season? I can't see it. I do love Nev and his partner though.

They are doing a Catfish reunion next Tuesday...sort of a "where are they now" theme.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm late to the Lauren and Derek party, but I was really happy to see one of these shows end with the person being who they said they were! It was really sweet and cute! The phone line thing was no big deal because a lot of those reverse phone number searches are bogus. And, the "trike" thing is a very common word to mean that you want to go out on a Harley across the country. These things didn't make me suspicious, but the show needed to have some shadow of a doubt in order to have a show. I wouldn't be surprised if the show didn't purposely get a wrong cell phone number just so that there could be a question if Derek was who he said he was.
    Either way, I love happy endings!!! Squeee!!

Last night was the first episode that I have seen of this show that I really caused me concern for the the person's safety. I'm not really sure why Nev treated the matter so lightly. The condition that this man had was quite serious. They didn't seem to realize it. I'm so relieved the lady realized it quickly. At the end the writing said that she stayed for 2 days and realized they were not right for each other. They had no contact after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Last night was the first episode that I have seen of this show that I really caused me concern for the the person's safety. I'm not really sure why Nev treated the matter so lightly. The condition that this man had was quite serious. They didn't seem to realize it. I'm so relieved the lady realized it quickly. At the end the writing said that she stayed for 2 days and realized they were not right for each other. They had no contact after that.
    I haven't watched it yet Debb, but WOW, this sounds like an interesting one. I'm gonna check it out tonight, thanks for the heads up!

+ Reply to Thread