+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

I like the show, but I'm suspicious. After "Catfish" the movie came out, documentarians said it was obviously a fake. There were too many scenes that never would have been captured if it were a real documentary.

Is the Documentary Movie Catfish Fake?: 10 Reasons why the documentary movie CATFISH is Fake, and 5 Reasons it is Real.

I suppose it could still be entertaining, but I'll watch with a skeptical eye.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

I just saw one episode after I saw Nev on Jeff Probst. It is on my DVR! This is going to be good. The minute I heard this movie existed I waited for it to come out and drove 2 hours to Orlando to see it because it wasn't showing locally! I have a friend up there. I was riveted having no idea what would happen.

Even though you know what happens watch it. You probably don't know every detail.

I enjoyed the movie and read about the fake/real controversy afterward. I still don't know for certain!

I heard about the show, but haven't checked it out yet. I think the comments here just convinced me that I should!

I watched this weeks ep real time, surprisingly I didn't fall asleep! This show just comes on way too late for me, but I want to see it!

(I gave it a day or so in case some haven't seen. I personally don't consider it spoiling if it has already aired.)

Im glad this guy was pretty much telling the truth and was just worried about his appearance. This was a pretty good ep, good change from the last 2. Next weeks looks particularly bad!
    Shoepie and momrek06 like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I watched this weeks ep real time, surprisingly I didn't fall asleep! This show just comes on way too late for me, but I want to see it!

(I gave it a day or so in case some haven't seen. I personally don't consider it spoiling if it has already aired.)

Im glad this guy was pretty much telling the truth and was just worried about his appearance. This was a pretty good ep, good change from the last 2. Next weeks looks particularly bad!
    Kim, was that the girl's(?) name; I felt terrible as she was telling us the story about her BF that killed himself.

Yes, Matt and his family seemed really nice. I bet they will just remain friends not bf/gf.
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My daughter turned me on to this show. She happened to come across it while looking for something to watch and was curious because of the title (great story behind that, by the way).

The first episode we watched was the Sunny/Jamison one. Too obvious. The second was better, but the red flags went up when the "exotic" dancer, who looked great in pics, didn't want to Skype. Isn't showing off the body something they do willingly?

The most recent - the 10 year relationship - had me wondering until we heard the guy's voice. I have a friend who is grossly overweight and I know what it sounds like to talk on the phone. The out-of-breath sounds were obvious (at least to my ears).

It's an interesting show, but Nev and Max (who are both so cute!) make finding the person's REAL identify so easy, you have to wonder why the person who contacted them didn't do the research themselves. Notice that, so far, it's been the FEMALE wanting to know about the MALE (or what was believed to be the male). Wondering if there will be an episode where the GUY starts the search?
    AmyKay and Shoepie like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

It is mind numbing that no one has checked further into who these men are. No one in Sunny's life questioned studying to be an anesthesiologist online?!! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Match.com, eharmony and other dating sites are showing a drop in enrollment as time rolls on.

A friend of mine checked out a dating service, here in Florida, he had to pay a lot to join. He went for an interview. He said no to the cost so they started bartering with him gettting the price down but not far enough. He walked away. They continued to contact him, putting pressure on him to join claiming he was exactly the type of client they wanted.

This service claims to have clients who are financially abundant. My friend lived in a camper. He is comfortable financially but hardly fits their profile. Can you imagine inviting a woman over from this service to your camper?!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Dr. Phil once did a show on an online dating service for wealthy people. He would look right at some of the participants who had been burned and said, "Really, the only qualifications for getting to you are that someone has to have computer access, the registration fee, and a vivid imagination."

And now, with the advent of Facebook, they don't even need to pay a registration fee!
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Shoepie like this.

Did anyone see Dr. Phil yesterday? The whole show was about 'CATFISH'. My gawd, this is bigger than we realize.

Three lovely ladies totally hoodwinked by the same dude. AND after investigating it it was a woman that was playing herself off as SEAN and DAVID to all these ladies. One of the ladies spent 2 years communicating with him/her. AND with all this social media today none of them saw any of the signs that this was a huge scam.

And NEV from the MTV show was on as well.

VERY SAD these people going around scram people, sucking them in with all this love only to have the innocent party find out it was all one big FAKE.

I was glad that Dr. Phil went over all the signs to outing a SCAMMER.

Urban dictionary the meaning of CATFISH:
    A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread