+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Catfish- MTV

The latest Catfish episode was interesting. A guy, who had always been in heterosexual relationships in the past, thought he was corresponding with a transexual male only to find out that it was an actual woman! The woman had been, mainly, a lesbian in the past, and decided to go on a social site for company/friendship after a lengthy illness and having moved to a new city (ATL). They had been talking for 4 years! She appreciated his friendship so much that she sent him money, regularly, and paid his cell phone bill with regularity.

I didn't think there was any question that she was a woman; I have no idea how somebody could have thought she was a man masquerading as a woman, upon hearing her voice and how she talked.

He goes to see her, she is living very well, in her own sizeable house, and confesses to having an 11 year old daughter.

The guy told his best friend that he had been "strung out" over a transexual guy (imagine how HARD that was!) on the computer. The bestie said that as long as it made him happy, OK (who knows how that will really shake down in the future).

The woman seemed really into him, and he seemed like he was very into her. They both ended up going their separate ways; she went back to a woman, and he needed to find out if he was really interested in men. She was a very strong woman, and he was a shaky loser who told her that he didn't know if he would even have been there to meet her if it hadn't been for her giving him regular money. LOSER!!!! I can see him emotionally/financially abusing whomever he ends up with. He seemed like a good guy, at first.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

KAREN

I KNEW that he lied about the girl! He had to tell something or risk looking like a total chump.....which a man would just as soon not do. My mother had this saying, "A man will LIE when the TRUTH will do!" Actually, I found her to be right more times than not!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And they most often get caught telling stories too. We would be so ashamed.

I have a male friend who was catfished (went to China to see his 30 year old doctor girlfriend). She was 40 and not a doctor. In that instance one does not feel sorry. All these people think they have hit the lottery with no special effort. And the going to another country thing to get a subservient woman, a woman you do not have to care about but is suppose to service you...so disgusting. Anyway, my male friend thinks Manti is lying and a psycho. So bizarre. I do not think he was lying. People just want to believe so badly in love. They must feel loved.

I have this week's show recorded. I watch them with my husband. Fun to watch the twists. The one show where (chelsie...chelsie latele) the lesbian 18 denied being a lesbian or caring. She was a bit of an idiot and too embarrassed to be real. Maybe the loser on this week had a little bit of that idiocy going on. He might have thought there was really going to be a prince charming to solve everything and blanket him with love.
    You can do it!

I was disappointed that the guy seemed to lose interest in the woman when it turned out that she was not transgendered. What's that all about? And then when he told her he stayed in contact, because of the money.....that's messed up. How RUDE and heartless. I am glad the woman responded like she did! Good for her. She seemed so together, fun and just a nice person. Glad she escaped that loser.

I have a question. How could someone who was out of work for an extended time, seem to have no financial difficulty and live in such a nice home, furnishings, etc. plus pay his bills? I don't get it. Perhaps, she had cancer insurance. We have a family friend who had it and when her husband got cancer and died, she received a LOT of money on the policy. Although, I don't think you have to die to collect. I'm not sure.

Like Nev said, sounds like the guy needed to honestly explore if he was really interested in men.....and the guy didn't deny that possibility.

And, not everybody is "broke as a joke", like most of us are! She obviously has something going for her; could own her own successful business. Nice house, nice furnishings, nice neighborhood. I'm impressed, all to heck! Maybe it just depends on what your priorities are. She DID tell him that he could have gotten even more from her, didn't she?

Yes, she did seem to say there was more where that came from. Maybe she inherited it. She seemed to be such a warm and caring person. It's difficult to believe that no one was there for her during her illness. She was desperate for one person to pick up the phone and check on her. How sad is that?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

She did have a beautiful house - LOVED her kitchen.

My favorite exchange during the entire show was:

Max: Do you realize how hypocritical that sounds?
    Rod: *laughs*
    Max: I'm Serious!

Nev is adorable and has far more patience and empathy than I could muster. Max is more my kind of guy. He spoke up during the episode where the kid thought he was dating a super model too. He speaks from the heart.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    She did have a beautiful house - LOVED her kitchen.

My favorite exchange during the entire show was:

Max: Do you realize how hypocritical that sounds?
    Rod: *laughs*
    Max: I'm Serious!

Nev is adorable and has far more patience and empathy than I could muster. Max is more my kind of guy. He spoke up during the episode where the kid thought he was dating a super model too. He speaks from the heart.

I agree, Nev is sooooo likeable. What a great guy and personality. And I really like Max as well. Two really nice sincere guys that get along wonderfully with each other.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    KAREN

OT, Manti Te'o. They are now saying the voice was that of a girl. A cousin of the guy that started this whole scam.

Tuiasosopo's relatives: Te'o 'girlfriend' voice came from a woman - Yahoo! Sports
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread