+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Catfish- MTV

I will keep watching. I am totally fascinated with what has been going on.

I saw headlines for that football player as I was about to come in here. I thought "Hmmmm.....the drama they're talking about sounds just like what I've learned from Catfish, with the tradgedies of his girlfriend and grandmother(?), I think. After reading what you have written, I MUST go back and read that! Talk about 'timely'!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've watched the movie three times now. It fascinates me for some reason. I want to believe it's real and that Nev is honest, but now I find myself wondering....especially after what Deb had to say.

I do admire Angela's artwork. I'm an artist myself, and I think she has something special about her style. It seems a shame to me that she had to pull something so negative, and I wonder if that somehow made her artwork unimportant or secondary to most people, or if she is actually able to sell any of it. But then again I don't know if she even would want to sell any.

When they met Angela, and said that it wasn't the woman in the paintings, I thought that the paintings probably resembled a younger, thinner Angela. Especially with the long hair and all. It seemed like Nev and company did not see the resemblance or connect it to possibly being Angela when she was younger.

It's a sad story but it fascinates me.

OT

Shay, I think this is what you were talking about.

Has anyone seen this story that hit the News just yesterday? Appears this young football player from ND has been scammed like many of those on the show CATFISH.

"Manti Te'o girlfriend story a hoax, says Notre Dame
    University backs football star after revelation that widely reported tragic story of girlfriend's death was not true."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...end-notre-dame

Nev posted this on his FB page.

"I am involved in this Manti Te'o story and working on getting to the bottom of it. I received an email from a woman claiming her image was being used as part of this hoax back in December but just now saw it. I am reserving judgment until more information becomes known."
    KAREN

I can't say that this show is all based on a lie or contrived, because it makes too much sense.....sad sense, but sense, nonetheless. The movie made sense. It would have to be totally exposed for me to decide against it. While I can be one of the most cynical persons around....and with good reason....this just rings true for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for that recent story. I had not heard of it.

We can believe none or all of Nev's stories. I guess I'm just jaded. Time will tell though. I'm still skeptical that the events in the movie Catfish are exactly as portrayed though. I could be wrong.

I did think that the portrait was of a younger version of Angela. They should have noticed that.

Does anyone know if Nev really was buying those paintings from Angela or was she just sending them for free? Her husband thought that Nev was a big customer. Was he? I never figured that out.

The internet surely has made it easy for such scams.... and the overuse of copy and paste hasn't helped matters. IF I can't see the person... hear the person... touch the person... I DON'T TRUST the person. Not that one can fully trust a person IN PERSON... people lie all the time. But the internet sure has made troll'n much easier.

I'm just NOT understanding WHY people want to lie and fool others? Is it to make the person who is lying feeling good about deceiving another person? I just don't get it!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by I'm here; 01-17-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I have been reading and there is a possibility that Manti Te'o was involved in the hoax.
    There's no place like home!

The story sounds very odd. I'm not thrilled that Nev says he is involved. Here's an article on it.

The questions that Manti Te'o needs to answer on girlfriend hoax

If anyone is qualified to put out opinions and suggest questions on catfishing, I would think it would be Nev. He's become rather an expert in the field. Personally, I'd want him involved because of how much experience he has had with it.....him AND his buddy.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread