+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

That's a good point!
    The majority do stay in touch or even friends (like Nev and Angela!).
    Not sure if I would be strong enough to trust again.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am glad to hear I am not the only person questioning the vaildity of this show. I mean, sorry but if someone had lied to me that maliciously why would I ever want to continue a 'friendhsip" with them? If everything about them was false where is any sort of trust??? Perhaps this is a generational thing; younger people are more trusting & forgiving...sigh!

My radar went off last week & that is when I called bullcrap on this show. What girl with a possible "career' in Hollywood would want a relationship with a guy who lives with his parents, can't afford a car/computer/internet??? It didn't add up & I knew Rose didn't smelly rosey.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I suspect that the artwork from Abby's mom to Nev started out real. Then when she threw in the Megan character, Nev got curious and was kind of sure something was not kosher. Then, he got this great idea to explore the fake thing on camera. It it a good idea for a documentary. So, he played it to the hilt with the fake attraction to Megan. He pretended to have this online attraction to her so he could make this movie. By the time they were enroute to meet the real people, they already knew it was fake.

I don't think that Abby's mom knew he was on to her though. I believe her role was real.

This is just my speculation of how the movie came about. Oh, and the little sermon Abby's dad gives at the end of the movie about Catfish. I don't buy for a minuite that he really came up with that story. I think Nev gave it to him to say in anticipation of their movie title.
    I agree with you except for the catfish story. That was real. I don't think the guy could have been given that story and pull it off as his own. He just was not that bright. I saw Nev in an interview talking about this. It hit them once home, in the editing process, that it was the perfect name for the movie. I believed him. Fishing is the only thing the guy could talk about. They had more than one conversation about fish with him.

FORT Fogey

I knew he was chatting with a man the minute I heard he had no phone, too. I expect to see more "wrong sex" outcomes than not.

The catfish must get enough money to make a difference in their lives or they would not agree to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I knew he was chatting with a man the minute I heard he had no phone, too. I expect to see more "wrong sex" outcomes than not.

The catfish must get enough money to make a difference in their lives or they would not agree to do this.
    It's all too obvious. I think I will stop watching , maybe catch a couple in the summer if they do reruns.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well that guy did all of a sudden get a new laptop with a web cam & moved to NYC. I think there is a financial incentive to actually meet in person. Why else would you do it?
    Who gets "engaged" to someone you never met in person let alone saw on web chat? Coo-coo crazee!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Have you noticed how so many of the catfish live in a house/apt./building that is located behind another house? Not all but quite a few.

MTV is so glamorous though. A step above Jerry Springer! Any attention at all I suppose is intoxicating to them.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Have you noticed how so many of the catfish live in a house/apt./building that is located behind another house? Not all but quite a few.
    No but I have noticed that most are living in places that reflect a low income. Being a catfish puts you in the catagory of not having a very full or interesting life. Not saying money necessarily creates a fuller life but I bet if there were statistics on this, it would show a pattern.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It's all too obvious. I think I will stop watching , maybe catch a couple in the summer if they do reruns.
    Yeah, I am almost there myself.

It appears that one of the best college football players in the country this year got catfished. If you are interested in the story, just google Manti Te'o dead girlfriend hoax. So much to dijest in this story.

As for last episode, I totally called it being a guy as soon as they left in his friend's comment about that very thing.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

+ Reply to Thread